One final question : How to set the Render Library ?

First, I want to thank everyone for all of your help. When my laptop battery exploded, I thought all of my DAZ stuff was lost but thanks to frequent back ups, nothing was lost -- including all of my scenes and customized characters. One final question.

How do I PERMANATELY change the destination of the Render Library? I'm able to set it during a save but then it reverts to the original spot for the next time around.

Comments

• Don't forget that you can set the Render pane to save to a folder location, which needn't be a render library, by clicking the icon to the left of the library name.

Render Library paths are set via the Render Library Manager, launched from the Render Library pane option menu (the lined/hamburger button in the top corner or right-click the tab).

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,080

I played with this for a couple of hours and I'm not exactly sure what I did, but I somehow got it working. Thank you.

Another question related to this, where do I find the setting for DAZ to retain the name of the last file rendered to? I had that working previously and now the file name comes up blank when I boot the program up from scratch. Previously, it held the file name.

• Are other interface settings being preserved?

Yes. The custom size I have on the image is being retained even after rebooting the entire PC but the file name is reset to blank. Previously (before the reinstall), the filename would remain. This was helpful in knowing what the next filename would be C2S034 (chapter 2, Scene 34), etc. without having to look in the folder to see what came next

• The list is

%appdata%/daz 3D/studio4/recentfiles.txt

(or the Mac equivalent).

You are saving scenes, not scene subsets?

I know how to save scenes. I got that fixed a couple of days ago thanks to some very helpful members. I'm talking about saving the rendered image and retaining the information about the render (size of image, name of image, etc) even after restarting the program.

• You mean the Render Library pane?

Yes. Before the meltdown, the pane contained the name of the previously filename that the last render image was saved to in the render library folder. Now it's a blank.

• Are the renders saving to the library?

yes

• Are thumbnails generated to go with the renders?

Yes. That is how I search to see what the next image name should be but before the re-install, the file name was retained even if I turned off the PC.

• Hmm, I don't use the Render Library system and now I can't get it to work at all for testing purposes. Sorry.