So much Octane stuff But Octane isn't installed!

ImagoImago Posts: 5,041

I don't now what causes this but some times in my scenes a wild amount of OctaneScene Render data appears in my Timeline pane. They disappear as soon as I refresh it but they reapper at every scene load even if I save the scene after "deleting" them.

I can't see anything that could tirgger the appearance of those, the appear randomly in the scenes with no reason. Some times they don't appear but when they do they stay there forever!

They appear only in the Timeline pane, the Scene pane seems to not be affected by them.

Also, some times they seems to "duplicate" when saving a scene, reaching crazy amounts like the on ein the image I posted.

I DON'T have Octane installed and there's NO plugin related to in in my DAZ Studio installation, even disabled.

How can I solve this? Loading times are colossal on scene with this issue.

OctaneInvasion.jpg
248 x 272 - 38K
Post edited by Imago on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Maybe some asset or pose you are using, has been distributed with that information

I have seen that in at least with one product, don't remember anymore if I fixed the files or removed the product completely.

• Save as a scene subset and select only the thing you want.

• PerttiA said:

Maybe some asset or pose you are using, has been distributed with that information

I have seen that in at least with one product, don't remember anymore if I fixed the files or removed the product completely.

If they are store products please report them to tech support so that they can be fixed.

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,041

Richard Haseltine said:

Save as a scene subset and select only the thing you want.

That doesn't solve the issue, those are there anyway.

As I said they appear randomly with no clear cause. I can use same stuff in two different scenes getting those Octane things in one and nothing in the other.

I tried many times to find what it could be but no result: It doesn't depend on materials, models, lights or anything else... they simply appear.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

they don't do anything

they are just placeholders

unless of course you have the Octane plugin installed  enabled 

so it's a purely cosmetic issue, some are more troubled by than others wink

same as using earlier versions of DAZ studio and getting the environment and tonemapping placeholders from later version scenes

• Imago said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Save as a scene subset and select only the thing you want.

That doesn't solve the issue, those are there anyway.

As I said they appear randomly with no clear cause. I can use same stuff in two different scenes getting those Octane things in one and nothing in the other.

I tried many times to find what it could be but no result: It doesn't depend on materials, models, lights or anything else... they simply appear.

They are in one or more of the files you load, they are not created if you don't have the Octane plug-in (and I think an older version) instaklled and active. However, once present in the scene you need to either seelct and delete them or save the subset with everything else (which is often easier).

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

they don't do anything

they are just placeholders

unless of course you have the Octane plugin installed  enabled 

so it's a purely cosmetic issue, some are more troubled by than others wink

same as using earlier versions of DAZ studio and getting the environment and tonemapping placeholders from later version scenes

It isn't purely cosmetic - those nodes do have resource needs so they are adding to the load of the scene.

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,041

I have no Octane plugin installed or activated, there's no files related to it in my plugins folder. No clue in DAZ's installed plugins pane.

I'm 100% sure there's no Octane stuff in my installation.

Perhaps it has a different name?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Imago said:

I have no Octane plugin installed or activated, there's no files related to it in my plugins folder. No clue in DAZ's installed plugins pane.

I'm 100% sure there's no Octane stuff in my installation.

You don't, but a creator of one (or more) of your assets (characters/hair/clothing/environments/props/lights/shaders/poses/presets/...)  has had Octane plugin installed and those references are stored inside the files the creator has distributed.

Most likely culprit is some freebie product.