SOS help.....(Duplicate Formula Error)

teabraketteabraket Posts: 6

Can someone resolve this issue?

Capture.PNG
488 x 508 - 24K
Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• Usually that means that two different characters have the same name (internal reference, not the label that appears on the slider) and link to proeprties with the same name. If you go to Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File and search the text for Duplicate you will find the entries listing the clashes, which will give the full filename for one of the two properties in each pair. One you have that information you may be able to figure out which the other character or morph is, and you can report the clash to the store (for products from Daz) or creator. In the emantime you can either unisntall one of the two, if that is acceptable, or it is possible to manually edit the files to make the names unique (but bear in mind that an official fix may rename them in a different way)

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 790

@teabraket From your screenshot, it looks like the Eyelashes (PHMEyelashesCurl.dsf) is the duplicate file that you are having trouble with. 

Accoring to @PerttiA in the following comments, deleting the duplicate lash morphs fixed the problem. Check these 2 posts:
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7439981#Comment_7439981
    and
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7440436#Comment_7440436

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Duplicate Formula and duplicate files are two completely different issues.

Duplicate Formula is when you have two(or more) DSF files that are using the exact same internal asset id, Formulas in both files are now in direct conflict with each other, which is why you get the "Duplicate Formulas" error message.

Duplicate files is caused by people that think they know what they are doing, but clearly don't.

• @Bejaymac That you say "Duplicate Formula is when you have two(or more) DSF files that are using the exact same internal asset id, Formulas in both files are now in direct conflict with each other, which is why you get the "Duplicate Formulas" error message"

If that correct how to resolve issue?

• Just update real quick I view log file as @Richard Haseltine advise and find duplicate.

Actually I don't know Where the file duplicate locate but I remember product name and delete it in DIM.

And problem has resolve. Unfortunately that I delete asset as well crying

• It isn't duplicate files, and it isn't a fault with the product you uninstalled. The issue is that theat character/morph uses the same internal name as another - until one, or both, are modified to use a different name you will be able to have only one installed. You need to try to work out which the other character/morph using the name is, check to see if either has been updated to resolve the issue, and if not decide which to keep installed for now and report the clash to Daz and to the other artist, or Daz again if it is also from the store.