KuJ Alchemy Lab - Lighting?

Well, you always come across something new, right? 

I picked up the KuJ Alchemy Lab recently and, while it looks pretty cool (I love the props!), when I hit the "render" button it was like setting off an atomic bomb. The Environmental and Tone Mapper settings don't seem to be that far off compared to baseline- and changing them doesn't seem to help anyway. It's not the cameras, either; rendering through the perspective view creates the same whiteout conditions.

Even with all of the camera headlamps off, the candle in the scene 'snuffed' and turned off, all of the settings restored to factory originals, and setting it to "Scene Only," the render is still far too exposed. I'm baffled.

Any ideas?

Render1.JPG
1594 x 1228 - 306K
Render2.JPG
1584 x 1203 - 131K
Render3.JPG
262 x 634 - 42K
Render4.JPG
269 x 583 - 39K
Render5.JPG
1565 x 1213 - 340K

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

are you using the latest D|S build ?

it is post ghost light fix

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

Ah, that would do it! No, I have not made the switch. Is there anything that can be done? Do I have to track down every emissive and adjust?
    edited August 2022

Blando Calrissian said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Ah, that would do it! No, I have not made the switch. Is there anything that can be done? Do I have to track down every emissive and adjust?

install the latest beta so can use either build as all stuff released since Nvidia removed that functionally will have this issue for you 

I am curious though with a RTX3060 why you are not using the current build

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,103

Looks like your Shutter Speed and ISO are too high. There is definitely light coming from somewhere in that scene. Raise the Shutter Speed to 256 and drop the ISO to 100 and try a render.

edited August 2022

BTW I knew because I got exactly the same result with D|S4.11 which I use with my GTX980Ti because later added RTX functionally in iray adds a Gigabyte of VRAM to GTX cards

the Beta renders correctly and instancify by Code66 reduced it sufficiently to fit on my card without going to CPU

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 507
    edited August 2022

Fishtales said:

Looks like your Shutter Speed and ISO are too high. There is definitely light coming from somewhere in that scene. Raise the Shutter Speed to 256 and drop the ISO to 100 and try a render.

Sadly, even when you drop everything to stock levels, you go from white-out to yellow-out. I can confirm that all of the candle lighting is cranked up to 500-600 kcd and the ghost lights to 200000000.0 kcd, which is more than enough to blow out the scene. Turning down all of the candles and flames to 300cd, restoring the Environmental and TM settings to norms, and turning off the ghost lights returned the lighting situation to normal (that is, 4.15 normal)

Render6.JPG
    406 x 328 - 34K
    Render7.JPG
    1582 x 1176 - 360K
    Post edited by Blando Calrissian on

There looks like a blindingly strong light coming from the left that is throwing off your settings.

• Fishtales said:

There looks like a blindingly strong light coming from the left that is throwing off your settings.

It's a bit of an optical illusion, coupled with the light coming from the candles on the floor just out of view. Even the candles on the table are throwing out immense amounts of light because they are all set up for 4.20 instead of 4.15. 

I was given a 2080Ti and this scene renders perfectly as is in realtime on the latest beta yes

fluff around all you like on your earlier build, I will be finally upgrading my production build now cheeky

Blando Calrissian said:

Fishtales said:

It's a bit of an optical illusion, coupled with the light coming from the candles on the floor just out of view. Even the candles on the table are throwing out immense amounts of light because they are all set up for 4.20 instead of 4.15. 

I'm going by the chair shadow on the wall and the light is way too bright for that scene.