Crowd Billboards are not rendering in 3Delight.

I purchased the Roman Colosseum product that comes with crowd billboards.

Everything renders fine under iRay, but the crowd billboards appear as white planes when rendered under 3Delight.

What is the trick for rendering crowd billboards under the 3Delight engine?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,192

The materials on the billboards are for Iray so it need converting to 3DL.

You can use this https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-iray-to-3delight-converter-and-merchant-resource

You can also do it manually, but I don't know the best way to do that.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 595

I don't think the problem is in the Now-Crowd Billboards - Romans billboards.  Could your 3Delight render results be the result of one or more render settings that you made for the 3Delight engine?  I don't own Now-Crowd Billboards - Romans but I do have two other RiverSoft Art billboards - City Life and School Life.  Like the Romans billboards, the store pages for the City Life and School Life billboards state that they are for Iray and 3Dellight.  I loaded a billboard from each set into Daz Studio (4.20) and each rendered with no problem in Iray and in 3Delight.  Below are the two renders from City Life.

iray.png
    898 x 505 - 381K
    3delight.png
    898 x 505 - 303K
  • Thanks, everyone, for your feedback.

I suspect the render problem is related to the "2-sided" billboard display settings - although I've tried to change all of the obvious settings with no success.  The "1-sided" billboards render perfectly.

I tried opacity, reflection, translucency changes, but no go.

I'm stumped.

• Colin said:

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback.

I suspect the render problem is related to the "2-sided" billboard display settings - although I've tried to change all of the obvious settings with no success.  The "1-sided" billboards render perfectly.

I tried opacity, reflection, translucency changes, but no go.

I'm stumped.

Hi!

The 2-sided bilboards of the Colosseum use a custom shader that uses front and backside of the polygon. I suppose that is why it is not working in 3dl. Unfortunately I don't know a workaround.

-P-