Strand-Based hair without dForce

hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649

Some strand-based hair bundles come without dForce option by default (in this case Atlas Hair), which sounds like an odd choice for any vendor by the way.

I appreciate strand-based hair more and more as they offer tons of possible customizations. But I can't figure out how to add dForce to such hair when the vendor didn't do it.

Weirdly enough, in the Surface Tab, dForce parameters are there (friction, etc). I tried to add a dForce Dynamic Surface nonetheless, but to no avail.

When trying to simulate I have an error message that I don't remember having with polygonal meshes soft-body simulation : "Error Preparing Objects to Simulate and Collide"

Could someone please advise ? Thanks.

Post edited by hansolocambo on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,192

That is weird.

But my guess is that when a PA default make strand based hair, it will be dForce, and therefore the simulation settings in the surface pane.

But the geometry don't have any simulation weight, and that gives an error, as DS can't find anything to process.

But I don't think you can do much about it. The describtion don't mention dForce, so I assume it was done deliberately.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited August 2022

Thanks felis.

Only PAs can add dForce to strand base hair... Well I guess it's a dead end then :/

Post edited by hansolocambo on