Can't find objects ... please help {FIXED!}

RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Okay. I accidentally (Yes....I know.... I never said I was smart, just pretty.) uninstalled everything and then reinstalled it. When I go to the products folder, the items that are supposed to be in those purchased products. There is no item I purchased that is showing up including Genesis 8 which is included with DAZ. 

What did I do?

How can I fix it?

Untitled-1.jpg
668 x 847 - 204K
Post edited by RKane_1 on

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,773

Those would be in the "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials" and so listed under "G" not "S"

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

SofaCitizen said:

Those would be in the "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials" and so listed under "G" not "S"

Yes, And I looked there too....nothing.
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Did the "everything" that you uninstalled and reinstalled include the G8 starter essentials? They need to be installed separately; they're not "included" with DS, but are separate content. 

I am perhaps not making myself clear. I apologize.

There is no item showing up under any category under Products or Categories. Now they are all showing up under Daz Studio Formats and Poser Formats.

That is ALL items Not just some select ones.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,773

Oh. So you have all the products you are expecting but each of them is "empty" (has no items inside)?

In that case can you provide more information about what you did - exact steps rather than generic terms.  How did you accidentally uninstall everything and then what method did you use to re-install?  What is listed in the log (Help -> Troubleshooting -> View log file) - perhaps there is a massive stream of "Missing file" lines which would indicate that the reinstallation was not done correctly or maybe you manually put files in folders that are now no-longer accessable?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

If the products can be found under "DAZ Studio Formats" and can be loaded to a scene from there, the problem is with the database not having the correct information.

The "Products" and "Categories" are not real folders, but views built from the database just like whatever one sees in "Smart Content"

I ran DAZPostgresqlCMS_9.3.4 and it is restored in all its glory. Woot! :)