Moved My DAZ 3D Library directory for new PC install, and not everything works now

Hello all,

I just recently got a new PC and moved my My DAZ 3D Library directory structure and reinstalled Daz3d and then moved my old My DAZ 3D Library directory structure back, and I do not have access to my old content.  I can see the folders but none of the files show up in the folders when viewing from the left side of my content library tab.  The file structure is the same on my old PC and new PC.  In both cases the path to the directory was K:\Daz3d\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\

Are there any steps I missed?  I thought by keeping the same names for my library directory structure that I would keep all of the linkage integrity, but it seems like I am still missing something.  Also I noticed that with an old scene I pulled up all of my normal pose controls were missing.

Thanks,

Todd

Comments

• And is K:\Daz3d\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\ set as a Daz Studio Format (and possibly Poser format, depending on your content) content directory in Edit>Preferences>Content tab>Content Directory Manager?

• I figured it out!  I think that did the trick.  I added the library under the Daz3d formats section and removed it from the other imported formats section, and it all seems to be working now.  Thanks so much!!

If I could edit the original title to include (solved) I would.  Appreciate the help!

-Todd

• felisfelis Posts: 4,192

todddyer_99 said:

If I could edit the original title to include (solved) I would.  Appreciate the help!

-Todd

You can edit your first post. That includes the headline, so you can change it. 

• There is nothing wrong with having the saem folder selected under each format, indeed if it's the location to which your installers point you probably should (at least Daz Studio Formats and Poser Formats)

• Sorry, Silly question coming from someone returning to 3d and ds.

If the path is not the same, can I direct DS to find the files? I was going to transfer over the old library to my new puter, but not have it on the main drive.

Can I set the preferences to "find" it?

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,773

DarkElegance said:

Sorry, Silly question coming from someone returning to 3d and ds.

If the path is not the same, can I direct DS to find the files? I was going to transfer over the old library to my new puter, but not have it on the main drive.

Can I set the preferences to "find" it?

Fortunately, products don't use the full path - just the relative path within the library folders. As long as you add it in the correct place as mentioned above it will work even if the first part of the path is the different from before.  This is handy for me since I have my asset library on both my Mac and Windows machines and so on one the files are in "/Volumes/Design/DAZ 3D/Library/..." and on the other they are in "Z:/DAZ 3D/Library/..". This is not an issue since the assets use relative paths - e.g. "/Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_85433_FG_Bakeshop.jpg"