Slow timeline scrolling?

Hi there. I recently got an upgrade for my computer, an RTX 3080 card, and I've been having a blast rendering things at the speed of light compared to my old card. Anyways, I started doing some animating, and while doing so I've noticed that daz slows down while scrolling through frames. I've tried having only cpu, only gpu, both, the slowdown is basically the same using filament as wire bounding box, models completely stripped down or not. Is there a fix to this or is this just how the software behaves? Having a second or two of stuttering each time i scroll through the animation really slows down the work and is just frustrating. Mind, the animation itself plays smoothly when actually playing it, its just the scrolling that slows things down. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Possibly set the view to Texture Shaded.

• Hi Catherine, as I mentioned in my original post, I've tried just about all the view shaders. Texture shaded, wire box, or filament, the stuttering is about the same.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,248
    edited August 2022

Well on my system the only thing that slows D/S down is lack of space on the computer. Needs to have at least 18G free space on the C drive. {preferably 20G}

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • 31415926543141592654 Posts: 975

jeremyjonsson said:

Hi there. I recently got an upgrade for my computer, an RTX 3080 card, and I've been having a blast rendering things at the speed of light compared to my old card. Anyways, I started doing some animating, and while doing so I've noticed that daz slows down while scrolling through frames. I've tried having only cpu, only gpu, both, the slowdown is basically the same using filament as wire bounding box, models completely stripped down or not. Is there a fix to this or is this just how the software behaves? Having a second or two of stuttering each time i scroll through the animation really slows down the work and is just frustrating. Mind, the animation itself plays smoothly when actually playing it, its just the scrolling that slows things down. 

Any help would be appreciated!

What version of Daz Studio are you using? It seems to me that up until 4.11 the timeline worked smoothly. About 4.12 they changed things and it has generally been sluggish for me ever since (sluggish as in scrolling does not do well like you are mentioning). I have not found a fix for this (nor have I been trying much either).

• @Catherine I have over 500gb free on both of my ssd's, so I dont think that should be an issue. @Numbers I am using the latest availible version. I cant seem to speed things up. Oh well. I hope they improve animation for the next update.
  • tfistfis Posts: 129

jeremyjonsson said:

or is this just how the software behaves?

This. It just cant handle it.