Morph Loader Pro does not work

Hello! I am completely new to Daz, just started a few days ago.
I'm trying to make a custom morph in daz, but the morph loader pro doesn't work for me.
Everytime I try to upload my files it says "Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph."
I've followed mulitple youtube tutorials and advice from the forums, but the results are the same.

What I have done so far: 
- I'm using a Genesis 8.1 figure.
- I have exported the figure without eyelashes.
- I have unchecked the "split by Object and Group" options.
- I have exported the figure in base resolution.
- I am currently only working with the head and face. I have not touched the body at all.
I have not used anything else or any other software to change the geometry of the figure. I've followed each step shown in the tutorials I've been watching.
I really don't know what I am doing wrong. Please help me out, any and every advice is very much appreciated!

Comments

• What software are you using to create the morph? You are exporting the whole body, not just the parts you want to change?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,193

If it is G8.1 you also have to remove the tear.

• ebslater26ebslater26 Posts: 28
    edited August 2022

when exporting the G8.1F figure did you remember to set the resolution to Base? Exporting it at high res will not work when you import it back to Daz, giving you the "geometry didn't match" error.

EDIT: oops, missed where you said you did that.

Post edited by ebslater26 on
  • DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798

@Yleisha :

Try what felis said in his post above to also remove the tear along with the eyelashes (thank you, felis -- not using 8.1 yet, so that is good to know for the future).

Barring that, Only one more check for you, Yleisha;  It appears from your post that you might be using Blender for your morph work.  If so, your stated work-flow "- I have unchecked the "split by Object and Group" options." requires one more step at this import junction.

You need to change from the 'Split' toggle button over to the 'Keep Vert Order' toggle button.  Also, if you want to work with the default G8.1F vertex groups (provided you set the flag to export them from Studio), you need to check the box for 'Poly Groups' that shows up when you select the KVO toggle button.

Last thing to confirm is that you also have set the 'Keep Vertex Order' flag in the Blender OBJ export as well.  I also recommend to check 'Selection Only' (G8.1F should be only object selected), and if you are using the Shape Keys morphing technique (non-destructive), check the 'Apply Modifiers' box (for single shape key -- make sure all modifiers are OFF or that there are none attached to the object).

If you have saved your morph work file (blend file [if using Blender]), you have the tear attatched to your G8.1F object, and you don't want to lose your morph or start over, you can still salvage your work with some fixing in Blender (separate objects > restore vertex order work-flow).

* OBJ import settings (with vertex groups) :

* OBJ shape key morph export settings :

* OBJ morph (destructive work-flow) export settings :

Blender_OBJ_Import_03.jpg
    248 x 726 - 27K
    00_Blender_OBJ_Export_SKs.jpg
    686 x 866 - 128K
    00_Blender_OBJ_Export_NoSKs.jpg
    685 x 846 - 119K