Accidental deletion of content

vindazivindazi Posts: 667
edited December 1969 in New Users

Thinking I was deleting a figure from a scene I accidentally deleted a figure from the content library. How do I restore it?

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,448
    edited December 1969

can you just open up your recycling bin and restore the file.

• vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

I am on a Mac. Would that be the same as the Trash? I don't see it in there.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,448
    edited December 1969

Sorry I'm not familiar with MAC's. I would assume it would be trash, but if it isn't in there your safest bet would be to reinstall the product you deleted.

edited December 1969

I have fit a Pharoh dress to a Genesis figure. However the legs are still sticking out. I have selected it in the scene tab and then gone to the parameters tab. However I see no way to fix it there.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What version of DS4 are you using?

Morphs now carry accross with the Autofit (if that is what you are using), in the latest 4.5 version RC3. If you are not using that version, Autofit doesn't give you the morphs. Have you tired it on the figure that it was intended for to see if there are any body handles or correction in the first place?

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited August 2012

vindazi said:
    Thinking I was deleting a figure from a scene I accidentally deleted a figure from the content library. How do I restore it?
    Are you using categories? Do you mean that you have removed the reference or have you actually deleted the character files? If you have removed the reference and can no longer find the character under categories you could try doing a search for content...with the content tab selected go the menu on the top right hand corner and select search known directories for files. When the dialogue box pops up ensure that the box for new files only is unchecked and do a search.

This is from memory so I hope I've remembered everything...I'm doing this from my iPad so can't double check. It has worked for me when I have had similar issues.

Be warned though it will find all files even those that you have deliberately removed references to.

Post edited by Pendraia on
    edited December 1969

Morphs now carry accross with the Autofit (if that is what you are using), in the latest 4.5 version RC3. If you are not using that version, Autofit doesn't give you the morphs. Have you tired it on the figure that it was intended for to see if there are any body handles or correction in the first place?

I am using DAZ4 Pro version 4.0.3.47. It has autofit but it does not show in the parameter for this figure and I don't see the usual fixes.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    vindazi said:
    Are you using categories? Do you mean that you have removed the reference or have you actually deleted the character files? If you have removed the reference and can no longer find the character under categories you could try doing a search for content...with the content tab selected go the menu on the top right hand corner and select search known directories for files. When the dialogue box pops up ensure that the box for new files only is unchecked and do a search.

This is from memory so I hope I've remembered everything...I'm doing this from my iPad so can't double check. It has worked for me when I have had similar issues.

Be warned though it will find all files even those that you have deliberately removed references to.

Thanks I decided to just reinstall it.

edited August 2012

vindazi said:

I am using DAZ4 Pro version 4.0.3.47. It has autofit but it does not show in the parameter for this figure and I don't see the usual fixes.

This is what it looks like.

Pharoh_Problem.png
    1089 x 709 - 388K
    Post edited by vindazi on
    edited December 1969

By the way most of my other applications either auto update or notify me that there is an update available. How do i know about updates from Daz?

edited December 1969

For the moment, you will just need to keep an eye on the forums, I don't think there is an auto-update feature that works yet.

I believe that you have the latest stable release. The release of version 4.5 has been advertised in the DAZ Studio Discussion forum.

edited December 1969

I tried 4.5 when it first came out. Needs more research :-).

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

vindazi said:
    Pendraia said:
    vindazi said:

Thanks I decided to just reinstall it.No problem...

edited August 2012

I am working with "waiting in line too" poses and a genesis figure. I want to place a coffee cup in the figures hane but it isn't work with the usual drag to the target and drop work flow.

What is the prodedure for this to work?

Post edited by vindazi on
    edited December 1969

Once you have the cup of coffee where you want it to be, parent it in the Scene tab in the ususal. Drag the coffee cup, and drop it onto the hand you wnat it to be parented to (in the Scene tab, of course).

If that doesn't work, can you give more informaton.