Canceling saves

truck1972truck1972 Posts: 14
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I know this is my fault but, This one thing might help me and many others. So I decided to try something new with a project, it didn't work out so I decided to reload and just continue what I was doing earlier, it asked if I wanted to save work I wanted to say no, but hit yes by mistake and despite the red X in the top right corner that I hit a million and 1 times it would not cancel the save. So can that be a thing save canceling I mean because when it got around to reloading it was what decided I didn't what.

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,115
    edited December 1969

SSD drives are nearly instant when I hit the save button, so a cancel save probably wouldn't work with fast drives.Maybe something along the lines of an "Are you Sure you want to save" type of thing would work.Something like after you answer yes the first time, you have to answers yes a second time to confirm.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,215
    edited December 1969

Or maybe a feature, optional, to rename the existing file as .bak before writing the new one. Though auto-generated assets might still be problematic. You can make a feature request via a technical Support ticket http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

Cancelling once the save had started probably wouldn't be possible without the use of a back-up copy as the start of writing clears the existing contents of the file.