Cartoon shaded mode is greyed out?

The cartoon shaded mode in the drawstyle drop-down menu is greyed out and I can't use it now. I don't know how it happened. I was using it and then the next day it was greyed out. It's been like this for a couple days now because I wanted to see if it would all of sudden come back or I might figure out something. But, I just don't know now... so any ideas?

Screenshot 2022-08-09 043600.png
562 x 388 - 44K

Comments

• It is most likely a driver issue, specifically the OpenGL version suported. If this is a Windows system make sure there wasn't a silent "update" to the driver; if you have a full GPU and an on-CPU GPU make sure Daz Studio is set to use the full GPU.

• I am using windows and an amd radeon gpu. Can you give me detailed steps on what I should do?

• This page should help you make sure you are using the correct/current version of the drives (or let you roll back to an older one). I believe the Catalyst Control panel, available from a right-click on the desktop, will let you specify which GPU an application should use if you have a choice.

• I used the AMD Auto-Detect tool; it updated some drivers and downgraded Adrenalin software and now cartoon shaded mode is back! Thanks for your help!

• Thanks for letting us know.

• jascopper5jascopper5 Posts: 3
    edited February 2023

I'm having the same problem. I do not have same level of computer knowledge as the original poster. 
    "If this is a Windows system make sure there wasn't a silent "update" to the driver;"
    >> How do I do that? Is this in Device Manager? if so which subset should I be checking?  

if you have a full GPU and an on-CPU GPU make sure Daz Studio is set to use the full GPU
    >> How do I do set that? Is this setting in Daz? 
    >> Under preferences it has  an OpenGL area in Interface.  Is there something there I need to check or set? 

Post edited by jascopper5 on
  • jascopper5 said:

I'm having the same problem. I do not have same level of computer knowledge as the original poster. 
    "If this is a Windows system make sure there wasn't a silent "update" to the driver;"
    >> How do I do that? Is this in Device Manager? if so which subset should I be checking?  

Check the driver version - right-click on the desktop>nVidia Cotnrol panel, the ersion number should be in the coloured box with the device name and so on.

if you have a full GPU and an on-CPU GPU make sure Daz Studio is set to use the full GPU
    >> How do I do set that? Is this setting in Daz? 
    >> Under preferences it has  an OpenGL area in Interface.  Is there something there I need to check or set? 

This is also in the nVidia Control  Panel, though I am not sure of its exact location since my system has only one display connected to a GPU.

• jascopper5jascopper5 Posts: 3
    edited February 2023

Alas. I do not have an Nvidia Control Panel. 
    under Device Manager, In Display Adaptors, I have only Radeon RX 550 listed. It's drivers are up to date. That is likely problem correct?  
    The internet says the Radeon RX 550 is an entry-level graphics card. Maybe the Redeon does not support Cartoon Shading?

Post edited by jascopper5 on
  • Possibly, I can't recall the requiorements for toon Drawstyle, if any, beyond the basic OpenGL requirement of the whole application.