Anyone used the Wind Warrior Outfit on Daz 4.20? - Missing chunks from surface [RESOLVED]

SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,773

Afternoon everyone,

Has anyone used the Wind Warrior Outfit? - specifically on Daz 4.20 (I know some people have stuck with an older version).

I am having some trouble with the cloak item in this product which looks like someone has slashed at the mesh and taken chunks out of it. Not talking about the "distressed" parts which are added by the cutout image but there are rectangular chunks missing along the surface. I have attached a screenshot using the smooth-shaded view which shows this. This is definitely wrong as the promo image using the smooth-shading view does not have this.

I am thinking that maybe this is an incompatibility with the current version of Daz? The product was released in June 2019 and presumably Daz has seen many updates since then which may affect how this item looks/behaves?

The cuts/chunks appear to be in-line with the joins between the 4 sections that make up the cloak tail. It seems that I can bodge-fix this by going into the Geometry Editor and removing the 4 Face Groups that make up this section - this appears to "glue" the cloak back together but I am not sure what side-effects this will bring and obviously is not the correct way to handle this.

For the record I did uninstall the package, remove the zip file and re-download just to be sure that I hadn't got a corrupted file.

Not been around here long enough to know if other assets have had similar problems or if this is a unique thing.

Screenshot 2022-08-06 at 16.41.png
1562 x 2298 - 636K
Post edited by SofaCitizen on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,193

Have you tried to render it?

When cut-out oppacity is active the viewport is only a rough presentation.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,773

Hmmm ... thanks felis it seems you are correct. I am pretty sure it was messed up earlier in the iray preview of the scene I was building earlier but that may have been down to a dForce explosion. I had cleared the simulation and was going to run it again and that's when I spotted the cuts in the surface so aborted the new simulation to investigate.

It does actually look fine in the iray preview and in the test render my poor little mac is struggling with right now also.

I have double-checked that the bodge-fix I made hadn't accidentally saved to the asset and the face groups are still as default.

So I guess I have learned something new today - a new little thing to look out for but not worry about.