Request license information

Hello, I would like information on the type of license and if it is possible.

I would like to create a garment but to reach my quality standard, I would have to go through a shader available on the Daz store.

(Creating it myself would take too long just counting the learning time of the Iray shaders.)

Is it possible to buy the shader with the interactive license and then include it with my garment for a future sale?

Knowing that the shader data will be in my article's package to work.

Is an agreement with the creator necessary because there is redistribution of data for a 3D object?

Thank you in advance, Sincerely. smiley

Comments

• No, the Interactive License does not cover selling the product as content - it is for use in games and apps that need to include the 3D data.

Which shader? if you mean that literally you could probably, under the standard license, include a preset thata pplied the shader with your own maps and settings. However, if it's a set of Shader Presets for an existing shader that would not be an option.

• Thank you for the quick reply.

I will want to copy the shader entirely to include it in the package, because without the data it will not work and if the end user does not have the shader in their possession, the presets available will be invalid.

Is there a way to "buy" the shader for my use?

I'm talking about this one: https://www.daz3d.com/translucent-fabric-shader

It is very realistic in the management of light, reflections and opacity, there are only a few articles that reach the level of this one for this type of material.

I tried in Substance under Iray to recreate the material but it's very complicated and the result is really not terrible, even terrible.

I have a second question regarding shaders:

In the Surfaces window it changes the shader type from "Iray Uber (MDL)" to "Translucent Fabric (MDL)", how to change this type of value? (image attached) I tried to find out but I couldn't find anything.

(Excuse me if words or sentences can be distorted, I pass via Google Translate).

Capture forumdaz.JPG
    379 x 404 - 34K
  • LsX said:

Thank you for the quick reply.

I will want to copy the shader entirely to include it in the package, because without the data it will not work and if the end user does not have the shader in their possession, the presets available will be invalid.

That is why you may be able to share presets, because the end-user will also need to purchase a license for the shader. You cannot expect to buy one copy of a product, even with an additional license, and then make it available to others. I don't know whether, in this case, presets (not including the base shader or maps) wouold be permissible - but I think not as there doesn't appear to be a separate .mdl or native shader file for the presets to point to.

Is there a way to "buy" the shader for my use?

I'm talking about this one: https://www.daz3d.com/translucent-fabric-shader

It is very realistic in the management of light, reflections and opacity, there are only a few articles that reach the level of this one for this type of material.

I tried in Substance under Iray to recreate the material but it's very complicated and the result is really not terrible, even terrible.

I have a second question regarding shaders:

In the Surfaces window it changes the shader type from "Iray Uber (MDL)" to "Translucent Fabric (MDL)", how to change this type of value? (image attached) I tried to find out but I couldn't find anything.

It does that because it is a custom shader, not justs ettings for the iray uber base. The Shader entry is telling you what is used, the only way to chnage it is to use something different.

(Excuse me if words or sentences can be distorted, I pass via Google Translate).

• merci beaucoup pour les informations. smiley