Is Daz3d can be use without graphic card?

rega24rega24 Posts: 0
edited August 2012 in New Users

Hi, I want to use Daz3d without graphic card as it is very costly in India.So, is there any software that can help to use Daz3d without graphic card???

Post edited by rega24 on

Comments

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Hi rega, welcome to the DAZ forums. OK, I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly. You want to use DAZ Studio "without a graphics card". Are you saying your computer doesn't have one at all? I can't imagine you would be able to see anything on your computer monitor without one, or are you saying you can't afford to buy a top of the line high definition graphics card?

If I'm not mistaken, you would probably need a graphics card with an OpenGL version of at least 2.0, but I'm not positive about that. If you can check the OpenGL version of your graphics card and it's at least version 2.0, you probably could work with DS. I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will pop in here and set us both straight. ;-)

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

rega24 said:
    Hi, I want to use Daz3d without graphic card as it is very costly in India.So, is there any software that can help to use Daz3d without graphic card???

Do you mean that you only have a graphics chip, like Intel for example?

If so, DS4P probably will not run unless the chip supports OpenGL 1.5 I think it is, but that is bare minimum.

If your chip does not support at least OpenGL 1.5, then there is no solution that I know of, even then, it would be touch and go.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,450
    edited December 1969

DS has a habit of not playing nice with integrated graphics. You will need some form of graphic card. You can get nice card for cheap these days.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

rega24 said:

I use DS on a laptop with integrated graphics, not a separate graphics card. It works quite well. Memory is usually more of an issue. You do need OpenGL support, though.

The software is free-- download it and try it! :)

• rega24rega24 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thnks all 4 the help, i had downloaded "Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver",it is awesome n have very excellent quality graphic!!!!! No need of OpenGL or DirectX ,just download this driver n enjoy Daz 3d c:-)