3D printing license (Carrara users)

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,935
edited August 2022 in Carrara Discussion

I guess we need the 3D printing license too now if we model stuff in Carrara to 3D print. I checked it out for free in case.

Tossed Bryce and Hexagon ones in the cart too

I really don't know where to start with everything else even if I decided to sell a print, my filament printer has gathered dust in the laundry for several years

bought ones for DAZ studio 4 with the starter essentials and the big V4 and M4 bundles I own, then threw my hands up in exasperation and stopped 

V3 M3 all the discontinued DAZ figures like Millennium cat ...

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

I guess we need the 3D printing license too now if we model stuff in Carrara to 3D print. I checked it out for free in case.

Tossed Bryce and Hexagon ones in the cart too

I really don't know where to start with everything else even if I decided to sell a print, my filament printer has gathered dust in the laundry for several years

bought ones for DAZ studio 4 with the starter essentials and the big V4 and M4 bundles I own, then threw my hands up in exasperation and stopped 

V3 M3 all the discontinued DAZ figures like Millennium cat ...

You could have used the existing thread. You don't need a printing license for content you model yourself from scratch, only for content from the store 9including that bundled with Carrara - which is presumably what you have in your cart).

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,935
    edited July 2022

well Hexagon has one and that has only a few premade models in it, this truly is confusing 

I did post there too

but most Carrara users tend to stick to our own forum

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Yeah it gets weird in Carrara, if you start out with V4 and do some minor geometry modification, is it still V4 and does it still need a 3D print license? Then you can import V8 in Carrara with major modifications, is it still really V8 with a license need?
    edited July 2022
    Can you a license for DS or Carrara only? They both ship with some freebies...
    Post edited by 3drendero on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,584

The licence is for selling the 3D printed item, it doesn't state/care which programs are used.

• 3drendero said:

Yeah it gets weird in Carrara, if you start out with V4 and do some minor geometry modification, is it still V4 and does it still need a 3D print license? Then you can import V8 in Carrara with major modifications, is it still really V8 with a license need?

Yes, the license terms apply however much you may modify the model.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,806

Hopefully DAZ3D will come up with an automatic way to add the licences with the review they are doing this week.

I added 2 licences, will take forever to do all of them individually !!!

Posted in the freebie thread, thanks for the hints.
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

Does it come with a 3D Printer?

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,929

ProPose said:

Does it come with a 3D Printer?

soon, daz soon

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

wink

edited August 2022

This is great news but a PITA to click those buttons, spent several hours doing most of the ticking yesterday.

Not sure what daz's reason for doing this as daz is in the business of quite rightly making money - perhaps the feeling is that people will be happy to pay 2dollars to have their creations turned int a water tight stl?

Anyway's very happy that this has happened - I was sick of using makehuman ;)

I note that one of daz' links appears to go to a page that suggests you can clean up pla prints with ethyl acetate - I'd do a bit of research on this chemical if you plan on using it

link here How to Paint a 3D Print Figure from Daz Studio in 7 Steps - 3DPrint.com | The Voice of 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing

Post edited by Headwax on

@Lindsey said in the other thread 

If you have the DAZ Deals browser plugin installed that allows you to filter "Only show owned"

What I did is: 

1. https://www.daz3d.com/daz-originals to display only DAZ Originals
    2. Filter only owned items by clicking on the "Only show owned" check box.

this will make ticking those little boxes quicker

Slowly making progress, doing a page at a time - 120 items per page !!!

greetings Bunyip02 there appears to be a script here that might work - still waiting for it on mine cheers Free 3d printing licenses - Daz 3D Forums

edited August 2022

Headwax said:

greetings Bunyip02 there appears to be a script here that might work - still waiting for it on mine cheers Free 3d printing licenses - Daz 3D Forums

Thanks !!!

Edit - at 120 items per page, 70 pages, starting at page 70 and working my way backwards was up to page 45. Hopefully the script will speed things up !!!

Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Pleasure worked for me have to run several times though or change a parameter

Woohoo - did a 500 item run while I had breakfast, a couple of cups of tea and read the paper !!!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,823

I don't have a 3d printer but I did want to check out the link cause I'm nosey that way...

BUT!  the link don't work!

a good example of how to entertain an idiot for ten minutes lol laugh

Syezza said:

I don't have a 3d printer but I did want to check out the link cause I'm nosey that way...

BUT!  the link don't work!

a good example of how to entertain an idiot for ten minutes lol laugh

oh dear maybe it;'s only for special people to see ???

It wa sposted by a private user in the daz plus forum sorry my bad for not saying 

not sure why it's not available to all

?

edited August 2022

Currently got about 1000 items to go. Far quicker then doing it manually !!!

Don't have a 3D printer yet but it's on the to-do-list !

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

I have over 12000 items in my account so it would take quite a while so will likely try the script.

• Daz has an automated process running to handle adding the licenses. It is not a quick process, it may well take a couple more days or so to finish, but it is being done for you.

Richard Haseltine said:

Daz has an automated process running to handle adding the licenses. It is not a quick process, it may well take a couple more days or so to finish, but it is being done for you.

Thanks - good to know for those who have not done anything manually or via the script !

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

Richard Haseltine said:

Daz has an automated process running to handle adding the licenses. It is not a quick process, it may well take a couple more days or so to finish, but it is being done for you.

It has been over a week now and I've yet to see the 3D printing license applied to any of my qualified products.

What's going on?

• de3an said:

Richard Haseltine said:

It has been over a week now and I've yet to see the 3D printing license applied to any of my qualified products.

What's going on?

Some people have seen licenses added (not me, yet) so it obviously is doing something. We have sent a query in as to its exact status.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

Richard Haseltine said:

Some people have seen licenses added (not me, yet) so it obviously is doing something. We have sent a query in as to its exact status.

Thanks.

...Standing by 

Used the script & manual process to buy all the licences I could - still don't have licences for the items no longer in the store, don't know how DAZ3D is going to resolve that one ....