Waist/Torso Issues Genesis 8 Female - NEED HELP

Recently I started helping out a Game Developer with rendering game scenes & he shared with me all his assets so I could help.  But everytime I've rendered one the charcaters she has issues with her waist & ribs (see images).  We are both using the same version of Daz & all the settings are the same.   I"ve attached two images, 1 with a side by side view & one done in Photoshop with layers & you can see where the issue is.   Does anyone know what could be causing this issue & if there is a fix?

Waist Issue.jpg
642 x 181 - 84K
Screenshot 2022-07-24 13.21.47.png
1436 x 658 - 187K
Post edited by marcicollins395 on

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,248

marcicollins395 said:

Recently I started helping out a Game Developer with rendering game scenes & he shared with me all his assets so I could help.  But everytime I've rendered one the charcaters she has issues with her waist & ribs (see images).  We are both using the same version of Daz & all the settings are the same.   I"ve attached two images, 1 with a side by side view & one done in Photoshop with layers & you can see where the issue is.   Does anyone know what could be causing this issue & if there is a fix?

Same mesh resolutions? Some characters land in with very high resolutions.

• Catherine3678ab said:

marcicollins395 said:

Same mesh resolutions? Some characters land in with very high resolutions.

Everything is the same, he sends me the scenes to render but for some reason my attempt is having this issue. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

You do realize that you cannot share any actual assets, that is illegal and against the EULA

• Scenes are fine, as long as you then have licensed copies of the content used. My gues would be either that you don't have some of the content or that one of you lacks an update that the other has installed.

• marcicollins395marcicollins395 Posts: 70
    edited July 2022

Still looking for a solution.  It only seems to be happening on my end.  I've attached a new image where you can see the difference.  The problem seems to orcer more when there is bending around the torso, in scenes where there is little to no bending it's fine.   The best way to discribe the problem is incorrect display of torso curves.  Both the developer & I use the same versions of Daz Studio, we both have limits turned off & the characters are converted from Genesis 3, but it only seems to be happening on my side.   I need to know if there is a fix or solution PLEASE!!!

Waist Issue.jpg
    1239 x 254 - 149K
    Post edited by marcicollins395 on
  • Don't bump.

We did get semi-sidetracked on the licenses, but it isn't clear that you both have your own proeprly licensed copies of the content being used - and it is some difference in the content installed that is likely to be at the root of the issue, it isn't a geneal problem to which we can simply offer a fix based on the limited information provided.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,248

Well I'm not sure all what the developer's gaming license allows for, or not. And as for rendering images, um, pardon but does that little bit of difference really matter? It's not like the end user in the game is likely to notice.

At any rate, I have noticed with purchased morphs on my computer, that some trigger "fixes" -- so maybe either you or your Developer friend there have some additional morphs that get triggered into play for certain poses.

If you get a screen shot from your friend's computer as to exactly all what they have installed in the Daz3D morph folders for the concerned figure ... and make sure that you too have only those same products installed {please buy your own copies, they do put food on some tables you know - and if this is a job the idea is to pass the bill on ;-) } then the scene files should work better for you, possibly.

Another possible 'cause' would be camera angles, info, and there's a big difference between say a 'front' view and what we think might be a front view via the Perspective view. I have found, the few times I've tried, that copying cameras accurately to be something of a PITA.

• Update:  It seems to be morph related.  I compelety deleted my G8F morphs on my portable harddrive for my Laptop version of Daz & put the developers morphs and then rendered the image with no issues around the waist.  For some reason morphs that aren't even used in the scene or on the character are somehow becoming linked to the scene/character,  would any one know a fix for that at least.

My Morphs folder is 8.12GB & The Developers is 335MB

• Which suggdsts that soemthign you have either has a non-zero default value, so it aplies regardless, or more likely that a corrective morph is linked to the bend but not to the shape it is meant to be correcting for, resulting in its applying when not needed. Another possibility is a "better bending" type product installed on one system but not the other, in which case it is working as designed (but there may well be a slider to disable it).