high resolution screenshots

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,853
edited July 2022 in Unreal Discussion

I cannot seem to be able to get a nice top view othographic screenshot either using the top view lit and good settings or using a camera actor

first is camera actor zoomed to bit I wanted to render, second top view whole terrain

they both are crap cheeky

just_terrain.0000.jpg
4089 x 2881 - 5M
HighresScreenshot00009.png
935 x 940 - 1M
Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 967

Hmmm ... probably not the issue, but just to make sure: 1) is the default ground plane getting in the way?  2) is your gloss settings too high and washing things out?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,853

no, only have the terrain, I mean it renders but not well

• danielbui78danielbui78 Posts: 333

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I cannot seem to be able to get a nice top view othographic screenshot either using the top view lit and good settings or using a camera actor

first is camera actor zoomed to bit I wanted to render, second top view whole terrain

they both are crap cheeky

Try turning off FOG and ATMOSPHERE.

edited July 2022

yeah tried that, I think it is a limitation of my hardware too as higher settings will crash Unreal

I ended up cutting out a pavement from the geometry, subdivding and overlaying it, used DAZ shaders, not the best solution but better than nothing

video

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • danielbui78danielbui78 Posts: 333

WendyLuvsCatz said:

yeah tried that, I think it is a limitation of my hardware too as higher settings will crash Unreal

Are you sure it's actually disabled at runtime / in your screenshot?  This screenshot looks like fog is still enabled.  Try just searching for "fog" and "atmosphere" in the Outliner search bar and deleting any items that show up.

I deleted it