Saving Clouds

TemairTemair Posts: 89
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I have just been watching David Brinnens video showing how to make Volumetric clouds and after have attempted it am wondering is there anyway to save it both in Bryce and as a backup to my external hard drive

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Because clouds are very lighting and atmosphere specific, the easiest way to save your clouds is simply as a scene file.
    You can then later use the Merge command in the file menu to add them to your scene.

You can of course also save the cloud material in your Material preset library or even save the cloud slab in the object library too, but when you reload them into a scene with different lighting, they will need adjusting to suit it.

Hope this helps.

• TemairTemair Posts: 89
    edited December 1969

Thank you, I love learning how to do things myself, so am wanting to save it so that have the original, and after that can play about with it and see what happens if that makes sense, that way I always have the original one

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

If you save the scene file with your clouds, then when you do a 'Merge' or anything else with the file, do a "Save As" and your original will always be there in it's original format. :)

You can also back up a copy of the original scene file onto your external drive just in case of any tragedies.

• TemairTemair Posts: 89
    edited December 1969

Thank you will be having a play after dinner so will show my results good or bad