No facial morphs for james?

cobuspcobusp Posts: 302
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Yesterday I started to use that old James male from one of the previous poser versions (was it 7?).

Besides the many expressive and phoneme morphs, there is nothing to actually change the characteristics of the face. Is this possible??

Comments

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited December 1969

There are morph packs for James and the Poser Figures over at RDNA. But I think they're for James G2, you might want to take a look there and see if anything's available for Basic James, if that's the one you're using.

• cobuspcobusp Posts: 302
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I was expecting that something like this would have been included in Poser :-(

edited December 1969

Used to be the Poser figures came with all morphs included. Then I think they started copying the Daz system of selling the head and body morphs separately from the figure. Probably to make the files smaller since you only loaded the morphs you needed, like with Vicky 3 and 4 (The original Victoria/Millenium Woman, aka Vicky1/2, had all morphs in the base.) Then along came Poser 6 with James and The G2 Poser figures. The G2s worked better than the old Dork/Posette and Don/Judy but funny thing is, the head and body morph packs for them were a third party product and as far as I know, exclusive to RDNA.

edited December 1969

Thank you, I'll go check out RDNA. but, I'm almost certain those morphs are for James g2. I'm somewhat dumbfounded by this. Not supplying inherent morphs to keep file siZe small is not an excuse. Poser could still have provided them as separate (free) downloads.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,949
    edited December 1969

There is of course the face room and the morph brush :lol:
    James was one of the supported faceroom figures.

edited December 1969

Yes - yes ... It just dawned on me!

Do you know, however, where one could get an ethnic (African) texture for the guy?

edited December 1969

The James and Koji and other Poser figures morph packs were all third party products and so not up to Smith Micro or whoever owned Poser at the time to provide freely. They may have been sold through Content Paradise, I can't be sure it was so long ago, but now only RDNA has them. You might want to ask in the forums there if anyone has a lead on where to get anything for the original James (G1) figure. They may have some freebies around for the other Poser figures, too.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

You can use the Face room - you don't have to copy a photo there (something that never worked for me) - but there are simple dials you can turn ...
    http://www.planit3d.com/source/tutorial_files/poser7/1/p7face1.html

Texture
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/8908/texture/tim-for-james

or search Rero freestuff and Sharecg
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?search=james&expression=freestuff_name
    http://www.sharecg.com/b/11/Poser/?keywords=james&s=dd&member;_type[All]=on&pn=7

• nanette_0115ce69d8nanette_0115ce69d8 Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

cobusp, it is important to know whether you are using James for Poser 6, or the Poser generation 2 James (Poser 7).
    James for Poser 6 comes with Poser, G2 James and G2 Jessi are free downloads for people who own Poser 7 or later.
    They are quite different figures.

James works very well in the face room, which contains a huge number of face presets and the ability to customise them. Many Poser users never go there, but it is really a lot of fun. Morph the face there, and then click "apply shape only". You don't need to touch the texture part of the face room, which doesn't work all that well anyway (Or maybe I just haven't mastered it). You can then save out the morph that you have created.

The Ultimate morphs at RuntimeDNA are for James G2 only and won't work on Poser 6 James.

For Poser 6 James, I have a character pack called Thomas, which I think I got from Renderosity, and that is about all I have for him in terms of textures. It is a caucasian texture.

For the Poser G2 men (Simon, James, Koji and Kelvin), I have made some African character packs that are in my free stuff at Renderosity, including face morphs and hand-painted skin textures. The body texture is shared between these characters.

It must be said that Kelvin for Poser G2 is an excellent African figure, and there are a few character options for him at Content Paradise. The Darrian texture for Kelvin is particularly good.