License types - games

Hello, i need help

If i use Daz to Unreal plugin an use animations and 3d characters (using third party 3d models, characters etc. and not purchasing anything of the daz store "only freebies"), then export all to unreal and make a scene then render in unreal (using al the content in create and modify in daz studio). Then make a image.png of that scene and use it in a game and sell that game. And backwards use Unreal content to daz studio, render a scene an make a image.png, use it in a game and sell that game. 

Do i need a license for that? What type of license do i need to buy in order to do all i said before?

Thanks

Comments

• That would depend on the terms of the freebies, many do not allow any kind of commercial use. If they do not say you can then you cannot (a license must be granted, it cannot be assumed).

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,041
    edited July 2022

Images are covered by the standard license for anything purchased at Daz (even if they were free). You need interactive license when using the actual content (even part of it or a modified version) in your game. If what you're using in the game is 2D renders (static or movies) the additional license is not needed.

For content from other places it will depend on their license, there's no generic answer.

Post edited by Leana on