Process: using DSON to export/import Genesis and Genesis 2.

boni_m_ab7b32f625boni_m_ab7b32f625 Posts: 113
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Most of what I've been reading here is at step 4 or 5 it seems. I'm still at step 1. Bear with me please. I've come back here about a month ago when I decided to try DS 4.8, and I found it to be a lot better than previous versions. I am comfortable using Poser and what to use both programs. I've re-discovered Bryce in the process so ... I'm expanding once again. I've come to a barrier. The thread Genesis to Poser has an archive link that is a "404". I can't find a simple step-by-step of how to use DSON and would like help doing that. Either a link, or direct help. I'm excited about using all these programs again and I believe they can compliment each other nicely.
Sincerely
Boni

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,987
    edited December 1969

It should be fairly simple - you need to set things up correctly: install the DSON Importer (to the Poser application), point Poser to the library containing the DS files for Genesis (probably the My DAZ 3D Library folder in your Public Documents, unless you changed it), and install the PoserCF files to the same content directory. Once you've done that you should find icons for loading the figures in the Poser library, and with luck everything will work. There are some useful settings in Scripts>DSON Support - if you find the library locks up after loading an item turn off the option to display the progress bar in Importer preferences, if you find the display lags turn off Subdivision until you are ready to render.

• boni_m_ab7b32f625boni_m_ab7b32f625 Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much! that really helps!
    Cheers
    Boni

edited December 1969

Ok ... I have the Genesis 2 model loaded ... but ... no morphs, at least not for the head. I tried clicking the DSON > Transfer Active Morphs. But nothing happened.

edited December 1969

The morphs are mostly on the Body node - Genesis 2 female, even for Victoria 6. All I have on the head in Poser is some teen Josie Expressions, under Pose Controls.

Transfer Active Morphs is for taking morphs on the base figure and generating them to the conformers where the conformers don't already have their own version of the morphs.

edited December 1969

99% done. Now I can't find the sculpting morphs. Only the movement ... (except for general "real world" "fantasy" and general body style) No face sculpting etc. Another thing ... I can't seem to change the textures in the mat room. Is this a DSON thing?

edited June 2015

Do you have the morph packs? G2F and G2M have relatively few morphs in the bases (the original Genesis had more as we were using it in beta for a while before the full products hit the store). If you do then there should be a list of body parts under (not inside) the Actor group, with various morphs inside (usually split into Real World, Stylised and possibly others).

It is possible to unstick the surface by applying a new material, after which you can edit normally. I'm not sure why the materials are apparently locked for editing without doing that - they should be Poser-native settings applied by the CR2 after loading the figure anyway, not something the DSON Importer maintains. It may be worth opening a ticket on this.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on