Genesis 3 (and 8) to UE5; my FBX export/import workflow.

VividImaginatorVividImaginator Posts: 38
edited July 2022 in Unreal Discussion

Note: I changed my post's tittle because I use the same process for Genesis 3 and 8 characters;

the video shows a G3 character but I follow the same process with G8 characters.

Here is a video showcasing my Daz to UE5 workflow; after editing my custom character in Daz Studio, I exported her to UE5.

Once in UE5, I edited textures and materials; next, I will have to worry about making rigs and blueprints.

Rigs are necessary for retargeting animations or for creating new ones using control rigs.

Blueprints put all the elements together to make her a usable character.

Here is the video:

It is worth mentioning that I bought interactive licenses for Genesis 3 Starter Essentials, Genesis 3 Female Head Morphs, Genesis 3 Female Body Morphs, Skin Builder 3 for Genesis 3 Female(s), Dorothy for Genesis 3 & 8 Female, Mischief Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s), Wild Short Hair for Genesis 8 and 8.1, Hair Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female, Breast Control for Genesis 3 Female(s), and Glute Control for Genesis 3 Female(s)

You will need interactive licenses if you want to use Daz Studio models in a game that you plan to release/sell.

Post edited by VividImaginator on