KA Abandoned FX.... looks like a great help

There are so many good and great items here that it takes some time for me anyway, to have a look at them.  

KA Abandoned FX looks like a fantastic item in making post disaster images. I did not see any renders done here with it. Does anyone here have it and could you give me an idea on your use of it.

Thanks

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

For future generations who might find this thread after the product is a little older...

https://www.daz3d.com/ka-abandoned-fx

Also just in case someone reading the thread finds the product mentioned interesting or maybe owns it and forgot the name.

(or maybe that's just me... I can't remember the correct names of most of the stuff I have, including stuff I've made) 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,337

This promo shows it in action. That looks like Stonemason's Urban sprawl 3 with the BigBill truck  and a lot of new vegetations and water elements, giving it a very Last of US feel.

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367

McGyver said:

For future generations who might find this thread after the product is a little older...

Also just in case someone reading the thread finds the product mentioned interesting or maybe owns it and forgot the name.

(or maybe that's just me... I can't remember the correct names of most of the stuff I have, including stuff I've made) 

You mean..... after the Great Collapse of Civilization.....?

Or when I run out of donuts? 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Bendinggrass said:

Aren't those both pretty much the same thing?

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610

If I had to pick a favorite PA, KindredArts would be very close to the top of my list. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

McGyver said:

Bendinggrass said:

Aren't those both pretty much the same thing?

If there's something Youtube will never run out of it's tutorials on how to make 3D donuts. 

• RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339

Bendinggrass said:

McGyver said:

If you run outta donuts, just do the blender tutorial

• I am having trouble applying the mossy materials to walls. I select the wall and apply but nothing shows up. I even created a geometry shell and still nothing. How do I apply them? Thanks.

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    edited February 2023

AnEye4Art said:

I am having trouble applying the mossy materials to walls. I select the wall and apply but nothing shows up. I even created a geometry shell and still nothing. How do I apply them? Thanks.

The moss patterns are not materials. They are decals. You need to add a decal node to the scene apply the Moss to it and then move and scale it into place. Best done ion the Iray preview.

Ciao

Thorsten

Here is an example:

decal.jpg
    3355 x 2024 - 622K
    Post edited by thd777 on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited February 2023

You're the best. Thank you!!

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • How did you get your decal to look uniform? Mine applies stretched by default. I tried horizontal and vertical adjustments but not working.

Capture.PNG
    1925 x 681 - 2M
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

Try rotating it.

Default projection mode is planar, and it's probably projecting from one side. Rotating it Y 90 should do the trick.

You can also do other projection modes, and if you like the object's UV you can even project it on the UV mapping directly (basically it's then just sitting on the uv map)

• Cool. Thank you very much.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 478

@thd777 & @Oso3D,

Thanks much for your info.  I bought Abandoned FX two days ago and installed it yesterday.   In exploring it today, parts of the product were easy to figure out how to use.  Not so much with the “materials” that are really decals.  I’d have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to use them and may have given up if it were not for this thread.  Again, thanks!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

Thanks to this thread I just put it in my cart. laugh