A couple of questions

TemairTemair Posts: 89
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

The first question is, if I opened a gallery here in the gallery section does it just have to be made in Daz products as I do sometimes use Vue

The second question is am not sure what to add to the picture that I have attached, Im happy with the sun position and the postision of the mountain, but am wondering if I should add anything and if the clouds are ok,

mountain2.jpg
1200 x 600 - 672K

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,189
    edited December 1969

I can't answer your 1st question about the gallery.

Regarding your render, it's very nicely done. I don't think it needs anything else.

• TemairTemair Posts: 89
    edited December 1969

Thank you Mermaid

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I believe the gallery is open to renders using any and all software.
    I have a folder in mine for Poser Renders and I've seen several Vue renders in other people's galleries too. :)

As for your render above, if you wanted to take it further, you could explore some of the advanced render and lighting options.
    I think the field of view is slightly too wide and is making the clouds look a bit stretched toward the extreme edges, but that happens naturally when using a wide angle lens so it doesn't look wrong. :)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,296
    edited December 1969

@preciousmetal - the DAZ galeries are open to all, to my knowledge. I've seen many Vue renders.

I like your landscape render, giving advice is difficult. You're the artist, what do you want? If this was one of my landscapes, I'd reduce the FOV a bit (as TheSavage suggests), more than 120° stretches a bit much, but that's my opinion. I would probably also reduce the main light a bit but add som ambient light for the parts in the shadow (dome light or an HDRI made from the sky). Again, just my opinion. The main thing is that you as artist like it.

edited December 1969

Thank you both for your answers, I will set the Gallery up later on today as have to get some work done shortly.

All the lighting in the scene comes from the sky and everything in the scene is what is available in bryce, making skies is my next thing to really get my teeth into and learn, the sky is a hdri its one thing that have learned from David Brinnens Youtube videos, if I lover it the snow then looks really dull and grey so am not sure how to keep it lit up but lowering the light.
    Will go have a play later after work though. Thank you

edited December 1969

Thank you for the suggestions everyone, have changed the FOV and its completely changed though I think for the better.
    I also set up my gallery and have the link in my signiture, thank you David for the videos on this :)

mountains_3.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 628K
  • Eardrum MannaEardrum Manna Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

^.^ The first picture looks way more interesting. Like Horo said you're the artist. Go with your style and it will always look good. The second picture also looks good : )

edited December 1969

Thank you, I do like both

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 498
    edited December 1969

Both look great! Nice work and thanks for sharing.

edited December 1969

Thank you, skies are my next target of learning