(Solved!) => Resetting the timeline pane while keeping the last poses/scene

ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

Hi gang,

I often make renders which should support multiple scenes so I started "ab"-using the timeline pane to add to my scene. So... I set up a scene, changed my 'animation' to a low FPS rate (say 10 or 15) and then I'd move to the next frame and started changing poses and positions and what not to reflect on the new scene. This usually works like a charm, and makes it really easy to do a bit of storytelling as well.

Today I've been stupid though... I wanted to continue working on a "finished" pose so I copied the file, got to work but I had forgotten that this was originally a "multipose". Ergo: I'm on frame 4 in the timeline pane.

My question: is there a way to clear or reset the animation, but while keeping the scene / poses as currently present in frame 4?

I tried quite a bit already, including copying keys, using the scene tab to copy or memorize figures and then removing the timeline and restoring (or pasting) things, but so far I am unsuccessful in "undoing" the animation while keeping my current pose....

Anyone got any ideas?  I can't help be convinced that it's simple but still something I'm overlooking right now.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you could give me!

Post edited by ShelLuser on

Comments

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

Of course... Only after I posted this did it finally click with me, and for sure: I did it!

• Make sure that the timeline pane shows all nodes: TRSOAH.
    • Now select & copy the last frame, so the frame which needs to be maintained.
    • Move one (!) frame back, then paste the copied keys.
    • Now make sure to delete the still selected original keys.

Repeat until done.

Be sure to be specific with point #4 because depending on your scene ignoring the deletion can really strain your system because it'll make the "animation" a whole lot heavier than needed. I speak from personal experience ;)

Which brings me to a second point... why using DIM is an awesome way to help minimize damages when Daz Studio crashes....

While I was messing around trying to copy/paste key frames I overdid it and that resulted in Daz Studio not responding anymore. While I could have forcefully closed it this might also mean that the CMS, powered by PostgreSQL, would also be forcefully closed. And that could result in potential database corruption. So I thought of something else: while DS wasn't responding I started DIM, which also uses the CMS. After that was done I forcefully closed DS, and for sure: when checking things over in the Windows task manager I noticed that PostgreSQL was still running as expected. So then I normally closed DIM and all was well.

Maybe something to keep in mind?

Anyway, in the mean time I'm down to 1 extra frame. So even if the last copy/paste wouldn't work (I have a hunch it won't) I still have cleaned things up dramatically, more then enough to create a new multipose.

Hope this could be useful for some others!

• For me, at a quick test, it works to select the keys before/after the desired key (drag select in the dope sheet area of the Timeline) and delete via right-click, then select the remaining keys, copy via right-click, paste at frame 0, and delete from the later frame.