Created an AniBlock from the Timeline, but the position goes out of whack.

Hi, I'm fairly new to Daz3D and am hoping someone with some experience animating will be able to help me out.  I have created a scene that involves a pilot sitting in his pilot's chair, and am trying to create a series of AniBlocks that I can use to have him do various common motions that I may use again and again to save me from having to hand animate them every single time in this scene or any future scene involving the pilot in his station.  I have a scene that has his pilot's chair, brought in my G8.1 character and posed him in a neutral sitting pose to fit the chair perfectly.  I then used the timeline to create a roughly three second animation of him taking a drink and returning to the neutral pose and created an AniBlock from that.  The problem is that the saved AniBlock has him in a position above and in front of the chair, not where he was when I saved it.  It is not easy to line him back up again as it requires movement on two planes and his hand needs to line up with the control stick perfectly to look like he's holding it, but I did it and tried saving a new AniBlock after fixing his position and low and behold, when I try to use that AniBlock he is again floating above and in front of the pilot's chair, just like before.  Does anyone know why this is happening, and how I can prevent it from happening in the future?  The nature of the chair requires him to be rotated backwards a bit and in kind of a position between sitting and laying down backwards, if that matters at all.  Any time I need to use the pilot's animations he will be in this particular scene, in this particular pilot's chair, so I really want him to just stay put where I originally placed him.  Especially if I start adding multiple aniblocks so that he can do a series of motions, I can't have him popping out of position with each AniBlock.

I am using Daz Studio 4.20 Pro, and AniMate 2.  I see tons of potential for this software, but mostly have been stymied in everything I try to do.  It seems like a big part of this program is trying to find work arounds for stuff that doesn't work properly, but maybe that's just me.  

Thanks in advance for anyone with any constructive ideas or solutions to my problem.

Jon Baptiste