July, 2022 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Portrait Rendering and L.I.E.

Comments

• LimunLimun Posts: 182

Kismet2012 said:

Limun said:

Title: Great great great great granddaughter

Intermediate Challenge - L.I.E.

Software used Daz3d and photoshop to create tattoo text 

no postwork

I love the concept behind this image.

I think the "font" is not quite dark enough.  Word tattoos tend to be fairly dark in hue once healed.

Great job on the placement.

Thanks for comment and sugestion , i will darkher :) 

Kismet2012 said:

Limun said:

no postwork

I think the "font" is not quite dark enough.  Word tattoos tend to be fairly dark in hue once healed.

Kismet2012 said:

Limun said:

no postwork

again grrr 

it's hapening only when i quote 

Screenshot_3.png
    987 x 699 - 32K
  • Limun said:

again grrr 

Hi Limun, I have had the same thing happen. I get the error message. But it actually did post, when I refresh it posts again, with the same error msg. If I navigaate back to the forums page and click the link for the thread, I find my post is there despite the error message. You can still go back and edit the posts to remove the content, but the blank post will remain until a mod removes it.

I like the Mona Lisa Great, Great Grandaughter, great concept and I love the background. Have a nice day.

tommyskypilot said:

Limun said:

again grrr 

Hi Limun, I have had the same thing happen. I get the error message. But it actually did post, when I refresh it posts again, with the same error msg. If I navigaate back to the forums page and click the link for the thread, I find my post is there despite the error message. You can still go back and edit the posts to remove the content, but the blank post will remain until a mod removes it.

I like the Mona Lisa Great, Great Grandaughter, great concept and I love the background. Have a nice day.

Thanks for Mona Lisa 

tommyskypilot it not problem to post, problem is when its happend it post multiple same posts :D

edited July 2022

Kismet2012 is it better now ?

i also tryed Daedalus-7 tip with blending but i still have to play with that effect because i will need it for something else laugh

This is my final version :)

Title: Great great great great granddaughter

no postwork

Mona Lisa 04.png
    1029 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Limun on
  • tommyskypilottommyskypilot Posts: 120
    edited July 2022

Fan Club Pledge Night

Not for judging, just an  image from June, I added the tattoo only to amuse.

@Kismet2012 you are now an Honorary Member, the other members were unanimous in the vote. Congratulations! Feel free to comment, critique and thanks for your efforts.

Fan Club Pledge Night

Pledge Night copy.png
    760 x 988 - 1M
    Post edited by tommyskypilot on
  • sueyasueya Posts: 826

Final version of my entry

Made tattoo a bit smaller

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

aprilshowers2065 said:

Kismet2012 said:

Did you add the blood to the floor using L.I.E.?  Very creative.

The flames at the bottom of the image are a little distracting.  I am finding my eyes are drawn to them rather than focusing on the sword breaking the ground.

Perhaps a small spark or light of some kind will help draw the eye to the contact between the sword and the ground?

Thanks! I did add the blood using L.I.E; I also added some scratches and discolouration to his fingers as well, although that might be a bit hard to see since it's very subtle. I've moved the flames slightly so they're no longer in the image. Tried two different effects with the sword; one adding the sparks and the other a small point light near where it strikes the ground. Would like to hear which you think is better.

They both work in completely different ways. 

If I had to choose one I prefer the subtlety of the orangey/red light.  It draws the eye but doesn't hold it there.  The brightness of the other light tends to keep my focus on that point.

I am glad you moved the flames that appeared at the edge of the image.  They also tended to be a bit of a distraction.

Limun said:

Kismet2012 is it better now ?

i also tryed Daedalus-7 tip with blending but i still have to play with that effect because i will need it for something else laugh

Yes.  And you managed to get a bit of the fuzziness that a tattoo acquires over time.

tommyskypilot said:

Fan Club Pledge Night

Not for judging, just an  image from June, I added the tattoo only to amuse.

@Kismet2012 you are now an Honorary Member, the other members were unanimous in the vote. Congratulations! Feel free to comment, critique and thanks for your efforts.

Fan Club Pledge Night

Thank you for the honour.

sueya said:

Final version of my entry

Made tattoo a bit smaller

Nice Sueya.  That is such a cute tattoo it is nice to see more of it.

edited July 2022

Fan Club Paranormal Investigator

Keeping an eye out for us all.

Thanks for viewing, Good luck everyone.

FanClubAdvisor.png
    765 x 1082 - 1M
  • ShimrianShimrian Posts: 478
    edited July 2022

Wow, so many great entries!  I wish I had more time this month to comment on everyone. @tommyskypilot, I really like your Fan Club Paranormal Investigator. @Limun, great improvement on your tattoo! That looks very realistic. Also good job on resizing / positioning on your tattoo, @sueya.

I finally had a chance to work on my image some more and decided it was missing something to "protect" against. I also dropped the photoshop brushes and added a bit of smoke to the scene. I'm not super happy with the hair on the boy, but I didn't have many short hair options and none that looked good on a young child.

Mirialan protector

Mirialan protecting a child against slavers

Alert, Alert!

The ship is being boarded by slavers! There is smoke leaking from the damaged hydraulic control valves that broke when the Mantisaran forced its way through the passage.

The Mantisarans are a subjugated race that the Yuuzhan Vong sometimes use when capturing slaves.

"Not today!" yells Ziha as she raises her Electrostaff to protect the Mirialan child behind her.

Link to image in my Gallery.

Post edited by Shimrian on
  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 862
    edited July 2022

Kismet2012 said:

SapphireBlue said:

I am a lover of contrasting and interesting shadows.  I also love black and white images.

Unfortunately, I think your high key lighting is washing out the bruises.  I had a hard time finding them.  I can see the bruise on his lip and I think I can see the bruise above his eyebrow but the lighting is obscuring the chin and cheek bruises.

He has a great, dynamic but natural looking pose and expression.

This is a great start.  Thank you for sharing.

Thanks heaps for the feedback Kismet! I worked on darkening the bruises, especially the ones on his forehead and cheek, as Daedalus-7 also pointed out in his feedback. Hopefully it's a bit better now. I'm a little short on time this week, so I might stop for now, but any further feedback for improving things is always welcome for when I work on it further.

Boxer I (updated)

Post edited by SapphireBlue on

Shimrian Adding the villain adds a lot to the composition and perspective, so does the smoke. Nicely done!

Shimrian said:

Wow, so many great entries!  I wish I had more time this month to comment on everyone. @Limun, great improvement on your tattoo! That looks very realistic. 

Alert, Alert!

The ship is being boarded by slavers! There is smoke leaking from the damaged hydraulic control valves that broke when the Mantisaran forced its way through the passage.

The Mantisarans are a subjugated race that the Yuuzhan Vong sometimes use when capturing slaves.

"Not today!" yells Ziha as she raises her Electrostaff to protect the Mirialan child behind her.

Thanks for comment smiley

Do I need to add my final image somewhere or do I need to write "my final ... "

• Shimrian said:

Wow, so many great entries!  I wish I had more time this month to comment on everyone. @tommyskypilot, I really like your Fan Club Paranormal Investigator. @Limun, great improvement on your tattoo! That looks very realistic. Also good job on resizing / positioning on your tattoo, @sueya.

I finally had a chance to work on my image some more and decided it was missing something to "protect" against. I also dropped the photoshop brushes and added a bit of smoke to the scene. I'm not super happy with the hair on the boy, but I didn't have many short hair options and none that looked good on a young child.

Mirialan protector

Alert, Alert!

Shimrian, thanks for the kind words. This has been a good challenge for me as I have learned a lot about using the L.I.E. editor.  Your Mirialan protector is a great image imho I love the way it shows action and the face markings work perfectly with the character. "Not Today!" Love it.

edited July 2022

Shimrian said:

Mirialan protector

My opinion is that short hair on the boy its ok , i like action you gived to image and expression to the girl.

i noticed only this : the smoke near the leg is somehow too flat, maybe you could make it not so flat.

sorry on my English I can't express myself as I wish. 

see attachment what I mean

Screenshot_4.png
    264 x 209 - 81K
    Post edited by Limun on

tommyskypilot said:

Very nice tattoo on her back heart

Good luck everyone.

• Limun said:

tommyskypilot said:

Very nice tattoo on her back heart

Good luck everyone.

Limun Thank You, it's from a stock photo site. Masked in PS then using L.I.E.  Good Luck to you!

• Kismet2012 said:

aprilshowers2065 said:

Kismet2012 said:

Did you add the blood to the floor using L.I.E.?  Very creative.

The flames at the bottom of the image are a little distracting.  I am finding my eyes are drawn to them rather than focusing on the sword breaking the ground.

Perhaps a small spark or light of some kind will help draw the eye to the contact between the sword and the ground?

Thanks! I did add the blood using L.I.E; I also added some scratches and discolouration to his fingers as well, although that might be a bit hard to see since it's very subtle. I've moved the flames slightly so they're no longer in the image. Tried two different effects with the sword; one adding the sparks and the other a small point light near where it strikes the ground. Would like to hear which you think is better.

They both work in completely different ways. 

If I had to choose one I prefer the subtlety of the orangey/red light.  It draws the eye but doesn't hold it there.  The brightness of the other light tends to keep my focus on that point.

I am glad you moved the flames that appeared at the edge of the image.  They also tended to be a bit of a distraction.

Thanks. I agree about the subtler look. Point light it is then smiley

I was working on another custom character, fantasy this time. Giving him some markings seemed a good idea to draw out the character more, so I worked on some black LIE markings for his face and chest. Here's a portrait of him for my 2nd entry.

Not quite what he seems (2nd entry, Intermediate, DS Iray)

LI - Fantasy Character.jpg
    1147 x 797 - 585K
    edited July 2022

SapphireBlue said:

I was working on another custom character, fantasy this time. Giving him some markings seemed a good idea to draw out the character more, so I worked on some black LIE markings for his face and chest. Here's a portrait of him for my 2nd entry.

Cool Image. I enjoyed the video, I might have to try my hand at making video.

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 478
    Limun said:

Shimrian said:

Mirialan protector

My opinion is that short hair on the boy its ok , i like action you gived to image and expression to the girl.

i noticed only this : the smoke near the leg is somehow too flat, maybe you could make it not so flat.

sorry on my English I can't express myself as I wish. 

see attachment what I mean

Thanks for feedback, I'll see if I can fix this during the weekend.
    edited July 2022

I'm enjoying this and learning more about using LIE. so, here is another. Used LIE for dirt effect on the subject as well as the tattoos this time. Thanks for looking.

Fan Club Rank and File

Thank You Comrade!

Fan Club Rank and File

Rank and File copy.png
    693 x 980 - 831K

tommyskypilot said:

SapphireBlue said:

Cool Image. I enjoyed the video, I might have to try my hand at making video.

Thank you very much, Tommy! I had fun making the video - I tried to keep it simple, but it still took a bit of time and effort. I enjoy seeing what everyone makes, so I hope you share your video in the forum (in the art studio section maybe?) once you make it. Have fun! smiley

• Aki3dAki3d Posts: 142
    edited August 2022

Intermediate Challenge - L.I.E. (Layered Image Editor).

Rendered in Daz Studio Iray.

Post edited by Aki3d on

tommyskypilot said:

Lovely image.  Thank you for your participation.