Request for geometric hair

edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I would like to request geometric / polygon hair for game models.
There are just too many fiber hairs on the DAZ store, but almost no geometric hair models that could be used in games.
This is a real niche.

I would be very happy if there would be geometric hair models to be purchased.
Thank you.

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

We moved this to product suggestions because the Commercial forum is only for DAZ PAs to post the release of their new products.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I would like to request geometric / polygon hair for game models.
    There are just too many fiber hairs on the DAZ store, but almost no geometric hair models that could be used in games.
    This is a real niche.

I would be very happy if there would be geometric hair models to be purchased.
    Thank you.

Most of the Hair products sold in the store here are not fiber hair. They use transmaps, there are very few fiber hair products that I can find.

If you wanted to use any DAZ 3D products in a game, you would need the Game Developers Licence, were you aware of that?
  • edited June 2015

Yes, sure. That is the reason why authors offer it.

Post edited by johann.hesters_2e9dd0ece9 on
  • edited June 2015

Can you tell me why I should pay attention to? If the description says that it is .DUF, would that mean geometric hair?
    I purchased LAMH, and that was fiber hair, unfortunately.

But perhaps looking for game hair here is stupid because most users use DAZ for stills.

edited December 1969

Can you tell me why I should pay attention to? If the description says that it is .DUF, would that mean geometric hair?

Not sure what you mean by the first part?

Almost all of the hair sold in the store is NOT fiber hair. LAMH (Look at my Hair) is a plugin for creating fiber hair, and so is Garibaldi. All the rest are created using geometry and transmaps.

The items sold here are usually high polygon and would need a lot of work for use in games. There are plenty of places that sell game ready content, which I am sure you know.
  • edited June 2015

Yes, I know a lot of place where to buy hair, but I prefer using only DAZ. It reduces my workflow very much.
    I would be very happy if more authors could create game-ready hair (optimized for performance) and also state the game-license fees in the description.
    A suggestion for the future.

In the first part I asked if hair is geometric (and not fiberhair or something like that) when the description says that an object is a .DUF fie.
    It is hard for me to figure out which kind of hair it is by just reading the file descriptions.
    That is why I asked if ".DUF" means that the hair is geometric and not fiberhair.

• edited December 1969

For example this asset:

http://www.daz3d.com/mec4d-unshaven-2-for-genesis-2-male-s

Is it fibermesh hair or geometric hair ready for games? I just don't see it from the description.

edited December 1969

It may be a mixture of both types I think, but you would need to ask Support via the 'Contact Us' button at the bottom of the forum to be certain.

Quite a few of the vendors at DAZ 3D have Game Developers licences for their own goods, and they range from $500 for Indie to $2,000 for Commercial licences. The DAZ 3D licence only covers you for items which have DAZ 3D listed as the vendor, and I don't see one for Mec4D who created the hair you are asking about, so it may not be able to be used in games at all.

It is something that you would need to consider if you are thinking of using the items sold here in games

• edited December 1969

I am only at 10% of making my own game, I am not yet in the state of producing my app. But once I get to 100%, I will either spare the money or start a kickstarter compaign to afford it.