Unreal Engine Crashes almost immediately after opening any scene on any setting

I get this 1-2 minutes after loading any scene and/or importing anything from daz. it didn't do it earlieer this year. same hardware ie gpu cpus ram ram capacity same OS versiom windows 10 pro. just diffferent boot drive.

Fatal error: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/D3D12RHI/Private/D3D12Util.cpp] [Line: 684] pResource->Map(Subresource, pReadRange, reinterpret_cast<void**>(&pData)) failed at D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12RHIPrivate.h:1181 with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED with Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

UE4Editor_D3D12RHI!D3D12RHI::VerifyD3D12Result() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12Util.cpp:684]
UE4Editor_D3D12RHI!FD3D12Device::GetQueryData() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12Query.cpp:196]
UE4Editor_D3D12RHI!FD3D12DynamicRHI::RHIGetRenderQueryResult() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12Query.cpp:111]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FetchVisibilityForPrimitives_Range<1>() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\SceneVisibility.cpp:989]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FetchVisibilityForPrimitives() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\SceneVisibility.cpp:1538]
UE4Editor_Renderer!OcclusionCull() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\SceneVisibility.cpp:1710]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FSceneRenderer::ComputeViewVisibility() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\SceneVisibility.cpp:4021]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::InitViews() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\SceneVisibility.cpp:4371]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::Render() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\DeferredShadingRenderer.cpp:1455]
UE4Editor_Renderer!RenderViewFamily_RenderThread() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\SceneRendering.cpp:3742]
UE4Editor_Renderer!<lambda_cc1442c4bafed83188c182dd4b1a4ab0>::operator()() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\SceneRendering.cpp:4009]
UE4Editor_Renderer!TEnqueueUniqueRenderCommandType<`FRendererModule::BeginRenderingViewFamily'::`43'::FDrawSceneCommandName,<lambda_cc1442c4bafed83188c182dd4b1a4ab0> >::DoTask() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Public\RenderingThread.h:183]
UE4Editor_Renderer!TGraphTask<TEnqueueUniqueRenderCommandType<`FRendererModule::BeginRenderingViewFamily'::`43'::FDrawSceneCommandName,<lambda_cc1442c4bafed83188c182dd4b1a4ab0> > >::ExecuteTask() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\TaskGraphInterfaces.h:886]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:710]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:602]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp:373]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp:509]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:86]

im not doing anything i haven't been doin this hardware specs that i haven't before. but now i cant even do those scenes on the most basic settings level-low

whats going wrong

what do i do

i tried

single disable

disable nvidia surround

latest geforce driver

studio driver

gpu clocks are (and always have annd always will be) at stock settings

nothing worked

Comments

• It goes without saying, but crashing like this shouldn't be happening. I'd double check the bridge version you downloaded is compatible with the UE version you are using. Normally, if you are using a NEW version of UE with an OLD version of the bridge, you wouldn't even be able to open your project. You'd get prompted with a message telling you the plugin is out of date and you need to recompile. But I suppose it's possible you wouldn't get that message in all circumstances. I don't think this problem would be hardware related.

tl;dr, double check that the bridge version you are using is compatible with the UE version. Also, if you aren't already, make sure you are using the David Vodhanel bridge:

https://github.com/David-Vodhanel/DazToUnreal

• danielbui78danielbui78 Posts: 333

milliethegreat said:

I get this 1-2 minutes after loading any scene and/or importing anything from daz. it didn't do it earlieer this year. same hardware ie gpu cpus ram ram capacity same OS versiom windows 10 pro. just diffferent boot drive.

Fatal error: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/D3D12RHI/Private/D3D12Util.cpp] [Line: 684] pResource->Map(Subresource, pReadRange, reinterpret_cast<void**>(&pData)) failed at D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12RHIPrivate.h:1181 with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED with Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Sorry, I have not been able to find any connection with this error and the DazToUnreal Bridge.  Based on what I could find out, it looks like an issue related to the graphics card driver.  I found some links that might help you: