"Lively Expressions for Gianni 6" Error

inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I believe there's an error with the number "Lively 12" expression pose in this product. If I apply it to Gianni, he disappears. I think he really gets Zeroed out and so seems to leave the scene. If I undo the expression, Gianni appears again. I like the product. I just thought it's worth reporting this. Someone may wish to fix it.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    edited June 2015

[strike]Lively 12 works fine for me. Gianni does not disappear or move. Only his facial expression changes appropriately. [/strike] I'm referring to this product. I think that is what you are using, right?

Edited: After further experimentation, I am seeing the same bug on the PC that the the OP reported on the Mac.

Post edited by barbult on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
    edited December 1969

The pictures look different. Have they been updated? I probably should have said that I'm on a Macintosh. Sometimes that makes a difference. But it's only the Lively 12 that does this for me. I've tested it a number of times. So, why would it only be number 12?

edited June 2015

The product hasn't been updated in the DIM since January 2014. I'm on a PC. The pictures on the promo page don't exactly match the icons that show in DAZ studio for me either, but I don't think that is an issue.

If you look at the installed files, you can see that Lively 12 and Lively 22 DUF files are much larger than the other DUF files in that product. I uncompressed 12 and 11 to compare the contents. 12 has lots of settings for body parts other than the face that 11 does not have. I expanded my viewport to show the whole Gianni 6, not just his head. I now see that Lively 12 and Lively 22 reset his whole pose, not just his expression. [strike] He does not disappear or move to a different location for me, though.[/strike]The other Lively expressions I tried seem to only change his expression, as intended.

I believe you have found a bug. You should submit a bug report by selecting Help->Contact Us->Submit a Help Request from the menu on the forum page. That is the only way to get DAZ to look at it. They don't monitor the forums usually.

Edited: After further experimentation, I am seeing the same bug on the PC that the the OP reported on the Mac.Lively 12 and 22 move Gianni back to 0,0,0 and reset his pose to T pose.

Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

Let me amend my previous posts! Lively 12 and Lively 22 DO move Gianni 6 back to the zero location.
    The bug is worse than I realized. Please report it.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
    edited December 1969

OK, reported. Thank you for double checking.

edited December 1969

I reported it, too. :)
    Now they know it is not just a Mac thing. Hopefully two reports get their attention more than one.

You can make a fix yourself, by applying the bad expression and saving a pose preset with a new name (to not overwrite the original). When the dialog pops up with all the check boxes, use the context menu (that little thing in the corner that looks like lines) to select modified only. You should see most things get unchecked except the face pose controls should still be checked. Then save it. To get it to show up when you select Poses, you will need to categorize it. Otherwise, you can just select it from the Content Library wherever you saved it.