Renaming an item on the Scripts menu

Is there a way to rename an item on the scripts menu? I have tried changing the text in the "text" box of "add new action" but it keeps naming it with a full path rather than the name I would like it to have.

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2022

When creating an action and using the Right Click > Create Custom Action, changing the Text field should suffice, at least it works for me. I'm on DS 4.20.0.17

For items already in your scripts menu, from what I can tell, only scripts under Custom can be renamed, and only from the Actions side of the panel, not when already placed into a menu.

Go to Window > Workspace > Customize. On the left side of the panel that pops up, open up the Custom section. Right click > Edit Custom Action on the item you want to change, change the text in the Menu Text box and save. Drag the renamed version into your Scripts menu on the right side (Menus tab > Main Menu Bar > Scripts) and remove the old named version.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259

Thank you Lissa

With some fiddling I got it to work. The trick was understanding how the Worspace/Customize left pane corrolated with the right pane "Main Menu" section and how this was all hodge podged together with the "Make Custom Action" function. With a little reverse engineering I figured out what was going on. If anyone else gets tripped up by this they can ask and I can explain the fix in more detail.