Broken Genesis 3 basic female model.

qq_81ee1a28qq_81ee1a28 Posts: 67

My hard drive has broken a bit recently and some of the data was corrupted, it functions fine now, no problems for 2 weeks, but recently I wanted to convert some Genesis 3 models to G8 and when I loaded the G3 models they all looked like this:

Link removed

I tried to put fresh G3 bse female in her own library and her model also looked like this. So is there a cahnce that it is some character model that is altering the base model? It happened for me with some G8 characters.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

Yes, there's apparently a character which loads automatically with the base, which means its morph dial is saved with a non-zero default value.

Try this procedure to fix it:

1. Load your base figure or the developer version to an empty scene. ("Genesis 8 Basic Female" or "Genesis 8 Female Dev Load")
    2.  Select the figure
    3. Select "Show Hidden properties" in the Parameters-Tab, drop down menu (right-click)
    4. Zero the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
    5. Memorize the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
    6. File->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets

It should zero the default value in the ill-behaving morph/morphs, and while saving DS also shows you a list of the morphs it is changing.

• Please put the Viewport in Smooth Shaded Drawstyle if you need to show a nude figure.

• Yeah I ended up just indentifying the morphs that were applying themselves by default to all figures and deleted them.