Reset Genesis 3 Female to default

Somehow something messed up the default Genesis 3 Female model for me. I load up the default Genesis 3 Female and it looks like a twelve year old kid. I uninstalled and reinstalled the 'Genesis 3 Starter Essentials Female'. It did not fix the issue. I select the model and then 'Currently Used' and it doesn't show anything. I even turned on the show hidden properties and I don't see anything changed from the default values. I only have one library for all Daz content, so it is not pulling from more than one location.

There has to be a way to reset this model back to default. How is that done? Reinstalling DAZ is not an option. It would literally take me months to rebuild everything to exactly the way I need it. I am flabergasted it is possible to overwrite the default values of any of the base characters in a way that completely and utterly destroys the usefulness of the software. Every single G3F model when loaded is trashed at this point.

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Reinstalling DAZ Studio and or Starter Essentials does nothing in such situation, since neither of them is the culprit.

If you are lucky, it is just a character morph that has been saved with non-zero default value, but if you have saved characters as "Assets", you may have to dig deeper

To fix any ill-behaving (non-zero default value) morphs, do as follows;

1. Open DS and load "Genesis 3 Basic Female" (to an empty scene)
    2. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Preferences->Choose "Show Hidden Properties" (part 3 zeroes only 'visible' dials)
    3. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Zero->Zero Figure (Zeroes the value of all the 'visible' dials)
    4. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Memorize->Memorize Figure (Sets the current value of all the dials as their default value)
    5. Edit->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets (Writes the changed default value to the morph files that were changed)

When saving "Modified Assets" DS shows a dialog and asks for confirmation;
    "The following file(s) will be permanently modified:" - "Accept/Cancel" - Choose "Accept"

• Okay, update. I meticulously went through all of the body and head settings. Apparently a character that I installed adds itself at 100% to body and head of every G3F. I assume somewhere is a setting where I can tell Daz Studio that those two head and body settings should default to 0% instead of 100%. Where do you set the default values of the base G3F model? Thank you for any help someone can provide.

• edited June 2022

Thank you PerttiA. Now that I've found the culprit I can use your handy guide to fix the default asset. Very much appreciated.

Post edited by chapterhawk_276dcefd2e on
  • I just had the same issue. Your explanation, PerttiA solved it immediately. Thank you!