Issue with Preview Renders

Has anyone else experienced this in their preview render?  It's as if the preview render is only rendering the bottom portion of the image (the part that is lighter green).  I'm using the same render settings I always use, I've also tried using the default render settings and switching between photo real and interactive modes.  This happens only for the preview renders and regardless of what is loaded in the scene or which lighting is used.  The delineation occurs at the same point on the pane too and in both the aux viewport and the main viewport.  With or without the guides present.  I've rebooted Daz multiple times and rebooted my machine. I'm at a loss.  I've attached two render preview examples made from different angles.

Thank you!

K

Preview Render.jpg
1332 x 1452 - 117K
Preview Render 02.jpg
1344 x 1392 - 97K

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,248

And the aspect frame is where? ;-)

• fibykenfibyken Posts: 26

Catherine3678ab said:

I turned it off to see if it was causing the problem.  :)

fibyken said:

Catherine3678ab said:

The aspect frame shows the area that will be rendered in a render. With it off we have no way of knowing whether or not that is why only part of your scene appears to be rendering.

• fibykenfibyken Posts: 26

Catherine3678ab said:

fibyken said:

Catherine3678ab said:

The aspect frame shows the area that will be rendered in a render. With it off we have no way of knowing whether or not that is why only part of your scene appears to be rendering.

This should clear up which area is included in the preview render.

render preview 03.jpg
    1358 x 1568 - 121K

fibyken said:

Catherine3678ab said:

fibyken said:

Catherine3678ab said:

This should clear up which area is included in the preview render.

Thank you. Okay, the bounding boxes can be seen so obviously that part is not rendered.
    The funky layering result - well under other circumstances I would check the lights.

Try a preview render using just the perspective view. {checking to see if it's a camera setting that needs changing}

Sometimes this helps D/S clear up goofies; clear the scene, go to the Window > Workspace > Layout ... and select a different layout. Then reselect the layout you want to use.

• I have a similar issue (which PerttiA helpfully linked above). It started when I added a second video card to my machine, and happens all the time unless I remove the environment map. If there is any environment map in the scene, even the default one, I get striping very similar to this. The stripe location changes depending on the view angle. At SOME angles/rotations it does not show up at all, but in the vast majority of cases it is there in some form, and it does not move with repeated renderings at the same angle so I do not think this is some kind of random glitch. It shows up in preview renders as well as production renders and it doesn't matter if I am using a camera or just the viewport.

• Hmm, looking at your screenshots, I think our issues are related, but not the same. If you notice, in your screenshot, the stripes are horizontal and square to the image. In mine, they are contoured to the object.