Help explaining Directory Management

DelanRivalsDelanRivals Posts: 30

So recently i was super scared i would lose my drive and with it my Library, so today i copied my library to another drive becuase i don't wanna risk it, and in Daz Studio's Directory managment i removed the old library and added the newley copied library, and it seems to work fine but i haven't done alot of testing, so my question is, is there something important i missed? is there gonna be a problem that will pop later? Thanks.

Post edited by DelanRivals on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

Depending on how you are installing.

If DIM or Daz Central, then they need to know the new location. And furthermore, if they shall be able to access the installed files, the path in the manifest files must be changed, as they point to the original installed area. Manifest files are text files and can be multiedited with an advanced text editor.

• So configure the Daz Central to know the new path? that can be done, but idk about the Manifest files.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

I assume that in Daz Central you can see the path to the manifest files.

If so, try to open one in a text editor, and you should be able to find the path to where the product is installed.

• Daz Central just takes a single path and places everything in a sub-folder of that, Install Manager allows setting individual locations for each type of file in its advanced settings.

• Will look into Daz Central, if anything comes up i'm gonna look for a solution on these forums probably.