About Using Linday's Wet Geoshells on G8.1F

Apart from the terrific hair, a big perk of Linday's wet hair products like Long Wet Hair with dForce for Genesis 8 used to be that they came with a really nice wet skin geoshell.  The latest, unfortunately, does not.

Is there a way to use the wet geoshell from the G8 products on G8.1?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

I can't remember.

But after you apply the geoshell, can't you then change UV just for the shell?

• M-CM-C Posts: 104
    edited June 2022

The reason why geoshells made for genesis 8.0 are not working for 8.1 out of the box is that the new figures are missing the torso surface. It has been split up into body and head for the 8.1 generation. 
    One can solve the issue by applying the iray uber base shader to the body and head surfaces of the shell and then copy the torso material (from a second 8.0 figure in the scene) to these new surfaces and change the UVs to the ones 8.0 is using. 
    You can then save the shell as a wearable for future use. 

Post edited by M-C on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

M-C said:

The reason why geoshells made for genesis 8.0 are not working for 8.1 out of the box is that the new figures are missing the torso surface. It has been split up into body and head for the 8.1 generation. 
    One can solve the issue by applying the iray uber base shader to the body and head surfaces of the shell and then copy the torso material (from a second 8.0 figure in the scene) to these new surfaces and change the UVs to the ones 8.0 is using. 
    You can then save the shell as a wearable for future use. 

@M-C Thanks.  That worked a treat.  I had tried the copying, but had omitted the step of adding the Uber shader, and it never worked.  Now I'm all set.