Farrah HD Gen8 problem

Hello, I need help with a product. I bought Farrah HD for gen 8 but when I load the model after install with Daz Central, it tells me one eye texture can't be found. But when I look in Runtime/Textures, it is there.

Could anyone help me ?

Capture d’écran (817).png
1920 x 1080 - 653K
Capture d’écran (819).png
1920 x 1080 - 542K

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438

It is probably the well-known "//" problem, Emrys and other PAs have several like that. There is a small yet annoying syntax error that has gone undetected in DAZ Studio before 4.20. It is usually for a texture bitmap that has "//Runtime/textures" in the path. Telltale signs are that the error message has the correct path, and the file is where it is supposed to be. Officially, you should write a service ticket to get it corrected, but that might take a while. You could edit the files to change it to "/Runtime/textures" to correct it yourself, or locate the file when prompted, load it, and save over the character preset (or create a new one) before doing anything with it. Material presets might also be affected.

• "Telltale signs are that the error message has the correct path" - rather that it has the incorrect path, missing the /Runtime

• Thanks, problem solved !

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438

Richard Haseltine said:

"Telltale signs are that the error message has the correct path" - rather that it has the incorrect path, missing the /Runtime

Ah, I failed to notice the missing "/Runtime" since the rest of the path is valid in these cases. We know it's in Runtime...