Blendshapes doesn't work automatically on Unreal 5.02

stepharamburustepharamburu Posts: 33
edited June 2022 in Unreal Discussion

Hi there, any genesis 8 character I exported to unreal 5.02 can handle with the blendshapes automatically. I mean, blendshapes are exported but doesn't work automatically when you move every bone or with animations. The character just shown a simple blendshape by default but not the imported blendshapes (more complex).

Post edited by stepharamburu on

Comments

• I'm not entirely sure what you mean when you say blendshapes (or as we call them 'morph targets' in UE) do not move with the bones or animation. As far as I know, the only morphs you'd want to be controlled by bone movement (we call these bone-driven morphs) are the Joint Corrective Morphs, or JCMs. If you have added all the JCMs to your morph export list in Daz, the UE bridge will automatically assign a post-process animation blueprint which will allow these morphs to activate when certain bones are moved.

If your question is why adjustments you make to morph sliders in your character mesh asset are not preserved when you press play, this is because you must actually set the morph targets in your character BP. You can do this using the Set Morph Target node.

Hope that helps.

• stepharamburustepharamburu Posts: 33
    edited June 2022

Yup, certainly it is called as morph target in UE, Now is working fine, probably because I tick "morph" option on daz menu export window before to export it to unreal. Thanks!! Steph

Post edited by stepharamburu on