dForce only on selected item

Hey there!

So I know that in the 'parameters' tab, you can set each object/item in the scene how they should respond to dForce, if they can, etc.

But my question is, is there a way, to "tell" the simulation to just use dFroce sim on the selected objects. In other words, is it possible to select/designate certain items for dForce to be applied on, instead of having to adjust or turn off dForce responsiveness for every item one by one in the parameters tab.

The reason why I'm asking is, lets say there are two figures with a bunch of clothing in a scene. And I only want 2 items for dForce to be applied to, both on the same figure. I was wondering, if this was at all possible.

Thank you in advance for the responses.

Comments

• TogireTogire Posts: 408

If I understand properly your problem, there is a plugin that does what you want. https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-companion-20

• It is actually available in Daz Studio directly, from the Simulation Settings pane's option menu (the lined/hamburger buitton or right-click the tab), in the dForce sub-menu. Note that you need to select both the dynamic objects and the objects they are to collide with.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649

You don't even need to use those "visible in simulation" parameters (I never use that). Your dforce dynamic object won't simulate if they're hidden.

Simulate them one by one, hidding everything that's unecessary in the scene tab as any object is considered a collision object. Staying visible they will slow down the computation unecessarily, whether they have defined Surface properties as static dForce objects or not.

When you get the desired result for one dynamic dforce object simulated, hide it then simulate the other one(s).

Idea being that, as long as there's no collision between two dynamic dforce objects, there's no need to simulate them in the meantime. Hiding objects is a bit faster than editing their simulation property in the Parameters Tab.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,340
    edited June 2022

hansolocambo said:

You don't even need to use those "visible in simulation" parameters (I never use that). Your dforce dynamic object won't simulate if they're hidden.

Simulate them one by one, hidding everything that's unecessary in the scene tab as any object is considered a collision object. Staying visible they will slow down the computation unecessarily, whether they have defined Surface properties as static dForce objects or not.

When you get the desired result for one dynamic dforce object simulated, hide it then simulate the other one(s).

Idea being that, as long as there's no collision between two dynamic dforce objects, there's no need to simulate them in the meantime. Hiding objects is a bit faster than editing their simulation property in the Parameters Tab.

Viaible in Simulation allows objects to be hidden from simualtion without affecting rendering, unlike using the overall visibility setting. There is also Freeze Simulation.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on