Im new to Daz. I need to move all my files to a different drive

Is there a way to move all the data for daz to a different drive? My C: drive is completely full and I cant install any of my assets

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

How are you installing?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910

You can jut move the folder to the new location and then add that new location to DS and it will work fine. Depending on how you are installing the products determines if you need to move more than that.

• felis said:

How are you installing?

I have installed a bunch of free content into mydaz3d. All the products I purchased are installed through daz central.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

As Frank said, you can move the folders to a new location and update the path within Daz Studio Edit > Preferences > Content, then Daz Studio will work.

But in order to get your installer to handle the new location, you have to tell that where the new folder is. I don't know how to do that in Daz Central, as I only use DIM.

Furthermore, you probably have manifest files somewhere, as Daz Central uses the same core as DIM, and in order to make the installer correctly handling changes to existing content, you have to update these files with the new path. It is pure text files, so these can be mass updated in an advanced text editor like Notepad++

• I ended up manually moving my freebie content then deleted everything and then re-installed using DIM. All I had to do was add my freebie content folder inside DAZ Studio afterwards.