How Do I Use the Geoshells Nude Metallics Lipstick Builder?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

What are you doing and what are the result?

I don't have the product.

But in the description it says geoshell product, so are you applying a geoshell before you are applying the product?

• Nyghtfall3DNyghtfall3D Posts: 765
    edited June 2022

Load Figure > Select Figure > Apply Base Geoshell Layer

And then this happens (see image).  Some kind of white shader replaces my figure's torso mat from the back of her head down to her upper thigh.

white.png
    958 x 883 - 921K
    Post edited by Nyghtfall3D on

Yuo have to first create a geoshell on the character, and then apply the material to the geoshell.

The lipstic comes with its own geoshell (the Base Geoshell Layer I referenced above).  Creating a geoshell from the DAZ menu makes her completely white, and neither her own mats nor the lipstick shader has any effect on the shell.

edited June 2022

Tehn you have to turn off the visibility of all other surfaces than the face and lips.

If you select the geoshell and in the surface tab select all surfaces, except the face and lips, and set cutout oppacity to 0.

Post edited by felis on
    edited June 2022

Problem solved.  Apparently, DS loads geoshells with 3DL shaders.  This product includes an Iray conversion utility for G3F and G8F.  After loading the lipstick's geoshell, I applied the conversion utility for G8, and voila.

Post edited by Nyghtfall3D on