Another rough morph attacks G8M again - and i'm sad.

I was all set to enjoy an afternoon of working on some projects with Daz but if you take a look at my guy in the attached render that’s not going to happen. I assume that something I added to Daz yesterday did this – I deleted the last thing I installed for G8M and was ab morphs but when I reopened this model the problem remains (its the same for all my G8M figures).

So with this problem and the long loading times for G8 figures, I think I want to start from scratch. I’d like to have access to all the morphs I have, I like having options to do different things that a big character folder allows me, but that not an option anymore.

So I was thing of starting from scratch. Just install the G8M basics and about the 20-25 characters that I use the most.

What is the best way to do this? Can I copy the G8M stuff to another drive as a backup in case I’m digging myself a bigger hole. Is just deleting the files I have and then start reinstalling them enough, are there hidden places that I need to delete too so get a “clean” setup.

Sorry for going on like this but I’m frustrated.

not again.png
1064 x 1389 - 1M

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

What you have is an unwanted morph.

The easiest way to find it, is on a character with the fewset morphs, i.e. best the base male in default pose.

So my advice is to try to load the base character, and if he looks ok in the default pose, put him in the same pose as above.

And when you have the deformation, then in Parameters enable show hidden, and with the character selected in the scene tab, click 'currently used'. That will give a list of all the morphs there are on the character with a non-default value.

• 5200north5200north Posts: 249

felis said:

What you have is an unwanted morph.

The easiest way to find it, is on a character with the fewset morphs, i.e. best the base male in default pose.

So my advice is to try to load the base character, and if he looks ok in the default pose, put him in the same pose as above.

And when you have the deformation, then in Parameters enable show hidden, and with the character selected in the scene tab, click 'currently used'. That will give a list of all the morphs there are on the character with a non-default value.

I  found it!

Thank you, you made a bad day good again, thank you!!