Conforming Hose?

I have a character that I want to animate who is wearing diving gear. I want one end of the hose to stay attached to the tank, while the other end stays in her mouth and moves with her head. The products in the store all have complicated posing morphs that make the hoses nearly impossible to animate. How should I approach creating a hose that will behave the way I want it?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,340
    edited June 2022

An item can have only one parent, which is why other approaches are used - but aniamting is tricky. Ideally you would have the hose rigged, with an IK chanin, and parent the IK taget to the figure'shead (or the tanks, depending on what you took as a root) but the pinning in Daz Studio is not terribly robust so that might still be a bit breakable. It might be possible to get soemthing usable with a dForce modifier and add-ons to stiffen the hose so it didn't collapse - rig the mouthpiece to the head and the tanks to the chest so that the hose could just be part of a chain of body parts, leaving the simulation to handle its palcement during posing.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on