Smart Content not working

For the past few months, I can’t get any newly purchased products to show in my Smart Content pane.  Old stuff is there, but nothing new.  I’ve read a thread on this issue previously, and there seemed to be a check list to verify, so I’m going to cover those items here:

1. I am logged in and my connection to the internet is solid. Using DAZ 4.16
  2.  Smart Content is working fine on my second computer, so there are no problems with account, connectivity, or the Daz sever.
  3. In the Smart Content pane,  the “products” tab is selected, and “all products “ is highlighted.
  4. At the bottom left-hand corner of the Smart Content pane is a check box for “Filter by Context”. Clicking it off or on does not make the newly purchased products appear.
  5. At the bottom of the Smart Content pane are an array of tabs like “All”, “Installed”,  “Available”,  None of these tabs will produced the newly purchased products.
  6. Clicking refresh anywhere in the Smart Content pane does not change the situation.
  7. There is alternate pane titled simply “Install”, and new purchased products do not show here either.

Comments

• Smart Content does not require that you be logged in, so that is not relevant. How are you installing in general? What security software are you using? Can you find and load the files in the Content Library under Daz Studio Formats?

• edited June 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

Smart Content does not require that you be logged in, so that is not relevant. How are you installing in general? What security software are you using? Can you find and load the files in the Content Library under Daz Studio Formats?

My general install goes something like this:  After purchasing the product from the Daz3d store, the product does not automatically show up inside the DAZ program anywhere (even though i know it is supposed to because i am comparing to another DAZ build on a seperate computer where i can easily find the product in the Smart Content pane).  So, I'll use DAZ Install Manager to download and install. Then, I will execute the DAZ3D application, and it prompts me if i want to work online or not. So, I login just to be sure I've covered all my bases. At this point, the product does not show in Smart Content or the Install pane. But, it IS showing up in the Products pull-down menu. Problem is, it has an exclamation mark on it (see image attached). Once you highlight it, it shows a red square on the products icon, and all the files of the product have the exclamation mark too.  

As far as security goes, i'm not using anything at all --the computer is offline 99.9% of the time. I only plug into the internet to download from DAZ or get computer updates

IMG_5482.jpg
    2016 x 1512 - 708K
    Post edited by greghornart_8fc0930be1 on
  • Use the Snip And Sketch Tool to take screenshots, don't try taking a photo with your phone.

It looks as if the path used by DIM is not matching the paths set in Daz Studio - what are the settings in Install manager and in the Daz Studio Content Directory Manager (Edit>Preferences>Content tab>Content Directory Manager)?

• Thanks for the snipping advice. Much easier!

Attached are 4 images. The first is my Content Directory Manager settings, and the rest are my DIM settings.

You will see there are a few references in DIM to "C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data...."  That is the folder where my new product purchases have been going for the past few months (and all my problems started around this time).  Before posting this thread, I merged the contents of that folder to  "C:/Users/Greg-DS/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My library".   So all content should be in one folder right now instead of two.

Content Directory Manager 6-2022.jpg
    765 x 440 - 134K
    DIM 1 Downloads tab.jpg
    517 x 642 - 60K
    DIM 2 Installation tab.jpg
    582 x 635 - 78K
    DIM 3 Applications tab.jpg
    605 x 339 - 37K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,312

It looks like your problem is that you are installing to a location which is not defined in Content Directory Manager as a Daz Studio format library. You need to add it there.

Capture1.JPG
    575 x 568 - 64K
    Capture2.JPG
    764 x 438 - 42K
  • MelanieL said:

It looks like your problem is that you are installing to a location which is not defined in Content Directory Manager as a Daz Studio format library. You need to add it there.

I would prefer not to add another directory to the list, because it has been leading to other problems. Is there any danger of having DIM install to the existing DAZ Studio format directory?

• As long as the content ends up in the directory Daz Studio knows to look in then it doesn't matter which you change. The scripts here may help http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/start#directory_mapping