Soft Body Physics with Genesis 2 figure

McKMcK Posts: 4
edited June 2015 in Poser Discussion

Ok, so I have searched everywhere and I cant seem to find anyone with a straight answer, but then again I have never seen this question. So I am using a genesis 2 female and I wanted to make her breasts move naturally when she walked. so I set up the soft body physics but for some reason a second pair of breasts appeared to come out of the figure. I tried a T pose figure with the similar conditions, but and it seems to still be occurring. is there some condition I have forgotten to check or is this just genesis 2 being genesis 2. below is picture of this happening I have set the internal pressure to .5 and the mass is 1 all of the settings are default. Below is a sample of what is occurring.

Image removed because of nudity
sorry is this what you meant I colored the skin all blue to look like she is tight clothes.

Untitled.png
1545 x 1193 - 278K
Post edited by McK on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,436
    edited December 1969

Please repost your image using an untextured figure, or using Smooth Shaded view style assuming the base colour is white or grey.

I have seen the double-mesh issue occur in other situations - try turning SubD off first and see if that fixes it (obviously not a usable fix, but a test).

• McKMcK Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

You were absolutely correct.
    I had wondered why in the properties section for the genesis 2 character the SubD had been grayed out. You just solved 2 mysteries. Interesting though wehn I up the SubD in the properties section I do not have this issue.

New question and I am not too sure if there is a way but when playing around with the bullet physics often the character collides into itself is there a way to make it bounce against its own body without falling inside the figure? I had thought back to my old app making days to make an invisible object parented to the figure always inside the figure that holds the properties of the ground or any other surface object. I might be thinking too deep and there is a simpler way to do it.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,436
    edited December 1969

I'm afraid I've not used the Bullet feature.

• DrNewcensteinDrNewcenstein Posts: 816
    edited December 1969

You were absolutely correct.
    I had wondered why in the properties section for the genesis 2 character the SubD had been grayed out. You just solved 2 mysteries. Interesting though wehn I up the SubD in the properties section I do not have this issue.

New question and I am not too sure if there is a way but when playing around with the bullet physics often the character collides into itself is there a way to make it bounce against its own body without falling inside the figure? I had thought back to my old app making days to make an invisible object parented to the figure always inside the figure that holds the properties of the ground or any other surface object. I might be thinking too deep and there is a simpler way to do it.

While I haven't used Bullet physics on figures, your idea should work. Parent the collision surface to the figure and place it just below the surface of that figure, then any "protrusions" like breasts or hair should collide with that object.

This is how Nvidia's HairWorks functions.