Keyboard Shortcut for Camera View?

credfordcredford Posts: 32
edited June 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion

I can't find a way to either use a current hotkey for the Camera view or set it myself. Does it just not exist? Seems like a pretty glaring omission given the options of hotkeys for top, bottom, perspective, etc in the same UI menu.

Post edited by credford on

Comments

• Which camera? There may not be a camera, there may be mutliple cameras, if there are cameras they may hava ny name assigned.

The Drawstyle script sample could be modified, using o3dViewport.setCamera( 'Name' ) in place of the current print( o3dViewport.getUserDrawStyle() ), to assign a named camera http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/specific_ui/active_viewport_drawstyle/start

I have a script in my Selection Tools which will make the currently selected camera in the Scene the active camera https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6ceaiasl8ll5u6/RHSelectionTools.zip?dl=0

• credfordcredford Posts: 32
    edited June 2022

Which camera? There may not be a camera, there may be mutliple cameras, if there are cameras they may hava ny name assigned.

Sure, there could be multiple cameras or no camera. But I suspect the majority of applications of Daz will have exactly one camera.

Thanks for providing links to what resources you know of being available given the current restrictions. For me, exploring those tools and trying to figure out how to use them is too far out of scope in terms of effort compared to what I was hoping would be a simple hotkey assignment.

Post edited by credford on
  • Well, my script - as I recall - is just a matter of selectign a camera and running the script (which you can make a custom action and assign a shortcut).

• credfordcredford Posts: 32

Okay. Thanks for explaining that.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871

Just wanted to say thanks for this reference.  smiley  For us less inclined scripters, between this and mcjCamSwitchboard, figured out how to make .dsa for insta-switching with keyboard to different cameras that had customized.  Up top menu bar select is way too slow.

Only thing that had to add was in sceneID to change the nodename to match label.   Now instant-change to one of 5 different cameras after make custom action/assign shortcut.   Am surprised have not seen this before. Don't think i missed it?