Willing to pay for Dynamic Clothes...

nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Looking for some dynamic clothes.

Happy to pay of course... If anyone content provider can do then please PM me and we can discuss prices.

Basically dynamic clothing is ignored by DAZ. A great shame.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,059
    edited December 1969

If you mean DS dynamic clothes, good luck finding a content creator who has a licence for the required Optitex software (beside Martin who created the clothes from vendor OptiTex in the store here) and can create them, as it costs thousands of dollars...

That said, I'd really like to see more DS dynamic clothes.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

DAZ Studio can only use clothing made for the Optitex plugin.

There are loads of freebies on their site which you could have a look at : http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload01.php

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the link, but got the freebies already; most are not suitable. (The two that are suitable work pretty well.)

The fact it is so expensive is discouraging; I hadn't realised that was the only way of getting dynamic clothes into Daz.

It takes time to get dynamic right but less time than trying to tweak morphs that don't quite work; and morphs seriously deform the more the pose changes from the 'reset' pose.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440
    edited December 1969

More dynamic clothing would be great. The DS plugin has gradually gotten better, or maybe I've just gotten better at using it.

There are so many options that have not been covered. Maybe if there was more after-market support, like textures, for the existing clothing items, sales for those items might get a boost.

It is fantastic that I can basically use any dynamic item on any figure with just a little work (for the longest time, I didn't really think this was possible). I routinely move items from M4 to various Genesis 2 males, and they work great.

edited December 1969

More dynamic clothing would be great. The DS plugin has gradually gotten better, or maybe I've just gotten better at using it.

There are so many options that have not been covered. Maybe if there was more after-market support, like textures, for the existing clothing items, sales for those items might get a boost.

It is fantastic that I can basically use any dynamic item on any figure with just a little work (for the longest time, I didn't really think this was possible). I routinely move items from M4 to various Genesis 2 males, and they work great.

What do you mean; I thought it was very restrictive, although they will drape on any suitably sized character; is that what you mean?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,896
    edited June 2015

I find the clothes annoying to use, but the results are awesome.

Among other things, it allows me to have good clothes on a four-armed figure...

http://tinyurl.com/oxjros4

Post edited by Oso3D on
    edited December 1969

nicstt said:

What do you mean; I thought it was very restrictive, although they will drape on any suitably sized character; is that what you mean?

I mean that with a little bit of work you can use them on virtually anybody. Obviously you are not going to get an M4 shirt on a dragon, but I've had most of my M4 wardrobe on Brodie without too much trouble.

I find one of the best tricks is to run a single frame drape for a few seconds for fitting purposes and then do an animated drape for movement.

edited June 2015

nicstt said:

I mean that with a little bit of work you can use them on virtually anybody. Obviously you are not going to get an M4 shirt on a dragon, but I've had most of my M4 wardrobe on Brodie without too much trouble.

I find one of the best tricks is to run a single frame drape for a few seconds for fitting purposes and then do an animated drape for movement.

Ahh ty for that; I wish there was a way of using the larger clothing items on smaller figures.

BTW: is there a way of adjusting the position of the garment after posiing it, without resetting it to default?

Also can it's pose be saved in some way?

Post edited by nicstt on
    edited December 1969

But you CAN use items on smaller figures. M4 is what... twice the size of Brodie?

Use the Panel tab and the Shrink x & y parameters to get them to fit.

Here's two shots of Brodie, one of the smallest of the Genesis 2 figures; wearing Mike 4 dynamic clothes and Mike 6 dynamic clothes

brodieinMikeClothes.png
    494 x 800 - 648K
    brodie.jpg
    1375 x 850 - 331K
    edited December 1969

With judicious use of the Shrink x% and the Shrink Y%, you can get almost anything to "shrink to fit".

Unfortunately, it doesn't work in reverse. You have to rely on the fabric to stretch over larger shapes.

Shrink.JPG
    436 x 505 - 30K
  • SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

Evilded777 is absolutely right about shrink x & y percent in panels to fit dynamic clothes to different characters. Its not autofit,which is free and automatic, you have to own the paid for dynamic clothes plugin and understand the software a bit more but results are SO MUCH BETTER than conforming clothes! I wrote a tutorial about it awhile back. Linking to it here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/40199/

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,910
    edited December 1969

you can always buy Poser too
    the earlier versions are cheap, one can export dynamic sims as morphs for using in DAZ studio too

edited December 1969

Looks like I need to buy the paid for version; that is good being able to fit larger to smaller.

Thanks for this as well.

Anyone know if this will work: ( http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-summer-beauty-sun-dress )? It says poser only but looks like an old product, so well beyond my experince, and may have changed since it was released?

edited June 2015

nicstt said:
    Anyone know if this will work: ( http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-summer-beauty-sun-dress )? It says poser only but looks like an old product, so well beyond my experince, and may have changed since it was released?
    That product is intended for Poser cloth room (as noted in the description), it won't work in DS (well, it will load, but as static prop).
    Only the products explicitely stated as DS dynamic clothes will work with the DS plugin.
    Post edited by Leana on
    edited December 1969

Leana said:
    nicstt said:
    That product is intended for Poser cloth room (as noted in the description), it won't work in DS (well, it will load, but as static prop).
    Only the products explicitely stated as DS dynamic clothes will work with the DS plugin.

TY

Bought the pro paid version of the dynamic cloth plugin; its great.

edited December 1969

SimonWM said:
    Evilded777 is absolutely right about shrink x & y percent in panels to fit dynamic clothes to different characters. Its not autofit,which is free and automatic, you have to own the paid for dynamic clothes plugin and understand the software a bit more but results are SO MUCH BETTER than conforming clothes! I wrote a tutorial about it awhile back. Linking to it here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/40199/

Thanks for the link; i've been checking it out; oh, and bought a couple of your clothing items, and as soon as I get paid again, will be buying some more. :)

edited December 1969

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/Store.php

Not seen this before; I presume they work ok? Only reason I ask is not seeing them mentioned anyone, as I only previously knew about the free ones.

Couple, at least I'll be checking out if they are ok; anyone know if they refund if not suitable?

edited December 1969

nicstt said:
    http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/Store.php

Not seen this before; I presume they work ok? Only reason I ask is not seeing them mentioned anyone, as I only previously knew about the free ones.

Couple, at least I'll be checking out if they are ok; anyone know if they refund if not suitable?

No idea about the refunds, but the clothes are made by the same person who made the ones in the store here (Martin aka OptiTex). I have the freebies and they work ok.