Auto Fitting Error for Genesis 8.1

Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,109

So why do some clothes made for Genesis 8 Male give an auto fitting error when you use them on G8.1M? I thought the clothes were suppose to be compatible for both. And what are you suppose to pick from the Dropdown list since Genesis 8 male is not listed as a choice? I do have Genesis 8 female listed.

I tried Genesis 3 Male, but that up the arms in a lowered position instead of on the default G8.1M position. I refit but left it at UNSUPPORTED and that seemed to work.

There aren't a lot of choices for the second dropdown, so I picked FULL BODY.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Sounds like the database is missing metadata, should fix itself if you refresh metadata for the database.

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,109

Thanks for your reply,

Sorry I menat to post this in the Technical help didscussion. Perhaps someone can move it.

• Moved as requested.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

If the products have been made correctly then they should not be causing Auto-Fit to start.

In DS4 any native rigged item you "Fit To" a Base figure is called a "Follower", and since DS4.6 and Genesis 2 every correctly done "Follower" is saved with a "Preferred Base".

The attached image shows how to quickly see the "Preferred Base" in the scene tab, if an item doesn't have one then it is either an "Actor" (base figure), made for Genesis 1, or poorly made.

P_Base.jpg
    983 x 704 - 112K